• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

For the love of all that is holy

Jeremy Igo

1 hour ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Steve Smith was 100x better than any receiver on the Panthers roster and he LOVED these plays when he could just lay some wood. He looked forward to it. 

it's what the stats will never tell you about Smitty and they say a lot. he raised the effort level of every WR in his orbit because he was not only the most talented WR on the roster but he was the one with the most heart. there are people that play football that aren't football players and then there are guys like him. 

I still feel like the reason he didn't work well with Cam is because Cam isn't the type to gain respect from someone checking him. Smith was insistent on effort from every player on offense. They were scared to not execute because they didn't want Steve in their face on the sidelines. The defense has a ton of that accountability and there's precious little on the offensive side. Greg is pretty aww shucks, KB wouldn't know fire unless it burned his steak. Cam just pouts when things start going badly. It would be refreshing for someone to be like "No, that's not how we're doing this. Pick up your purse." A coach, a player.... anyone. Zero accountability on that side of the ball. Cam is so affected by the swings of the game it's ridiculous. When things are going well he's unbeatable. When things aren't he's just not able to get out of that mindset that everything sucks and I can't help us. 

It is literally everyone on offense though, and not on defense. 

Explain that. 

They don't believe in what they're doing.? They're not buying in.

People want to know why we want a RB moved to WR? This.

F'n effort! These aren't rookies making these mistakes.

Steve Smith was 100x better than any receiver on the Panthers roster and he LOVED these plays when he could just lay some wood. He looked forward to it. 

I'd rather have someone the size of a mouse with the roar of a lion then someone the size of a lion with the wimper of a mouse.

The last thing that good coaches tolerate is lack of effort. If you fug up going all out then that's one thing. To continue to allow poor line play, lazy routes, bad footwork, reflects on the leadership. What you allow is what will continue.

3 minutes ago, Mills said:

The last thing that good coaches tolerate is lack of effort. If you fug up going all out then that's one thing. To continue to allow poor line play, lazy routes, bad footwork, reflects on the leadership. What you allow is what will continue.

Very important word.

5 minutes ago, Mills said:

As I read this, I thought of something.  Just spitballing an idea, maybe the problem isn't just Matt Kalil the player, but Matt Kalil the person.  I mean, What if Cam goes into the meetings and is like "dude, this guy is terrible, he's getting me killed because he's so bad", Ryan stands up for his brother and now all the sudden there's a rift in the locker room between 2 team leaders with Team Cam and Team Ryan Kalil.  Just a thought as to what could cause some of this because we sure as hell seem like as soon as adversity hits on offense, we fold immediately.

5 minutes ago, Carolina Cajun said:

As I read this, I thought of something.  Just spitballing an idea, maybe the problem isn't just Matt Kalil the player, but Matt Kalil the person.  I mean, What if Cam goes into the meetings and is like "dude, this guy is terrible, he's getting me killed because he's so bad", Ryan stands up for his brother and now all the sudden there's a rift in the locker room between 2 team leaders with Team Cam and Team Ryan Kalil.  Just a thought as to what could cause some of this because we sure as hell seem like as soon as adversity hits on offense, we fold immediately.

That's Matsko's job, not Cam's.

But Matsko get's his marching orders from Shula, and his from Ron.

Just now, thefuzz said:

That's Matsko's job, not Cam's.

But Matsko get's his marching orders from Shula, and his from Ron.

I agree, but I'd be hard pressed to not say something if I'm literally getting injured because of someone else doing their job so bad.  It's not like "oh, Ted in sales didn't meet his quota so we didn't make enough money last quarter", the cost of Matt's mistake have a detrimental affect on Cams life outside of football.

2 hours ago, Jon Snow said:

Going through the motions.  I see a lot of that with this team.  

That is exactly what I've been seeing too.  The coaches need to be lighting a fire under these guys in the film reviews.  Mike Tomlin would have his guys worried watching that garbage.

9 minutes ago, Carolina Cajun said:

I agree, but I'd be hard pressed to not say something if I'm literally getting injured because of someone else doing their job so bad.  It's not like "oh, Ted in sales didn't meet his quota so we didn't make enough money last quarter", the cost of Matt's mistake have a detrimental affect on Cams life outside of football.

Totally agree, and all Kalil has to do is turn on the tape and show some plays to Cam.

INT to CMC against the Eagles, INT to finish the game Sunday, ignoring open player and throwing to KB in double coverage.

These guys can't worry about injury and play well, now it looks to me that many are out there making "business decisions", but that's not the point.  It's about winning, and Matt can point fingers right back at Cam as well.

That said, that's why it's a coaches problem, not a Cam problem.  Cam has an issue with it, take it up with Dorsey and Shula in a closed doors meeting, not in front of the offense.

2 hours ago, Jeremy Igo said:

This team is soft. This isn't 17's first year either

fhe same problems continue. 

It is no secret to play for the panthers  receivers must block, don't want to block get cut, get traded, and should not have been drafted. 

The Panthers gave up picks to move up in the draft to take this guy 

another sports writer said it best, 'The Panthers big receivers play small'

Archived