• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

For the love of all that is holy

Jeremy Igo

1 minute ago, Jon Snow said:

On one play sure.  On nearly every play of every game for years now?  That's coaching. 

If these guys can't execute the plays then why keep these players?  The coaches chose the lineup and the plays.  If both fail it's coaching.  If either fail it's coaching because if the players can't understand the play he shouldn't be playing or the play should be scrapped, not continued to be run in hopes someday it works.

Oh I agree, and I think the coaching staff needs to go but my worry is, since 1995 this seems to be the mantra of this team.  Never a back to back winning season, one good year the next year they seem to just quit and that hasn't changed no matter who the coaches have been.  Is it the type of players we draft?  Is if the GM?  Jerry himself?  This isn't new here in Carolina.

"But disappointment is nothing new for Carolina fans. That’s because the franchise is keeper of one of the more odd factoids/mysteries in football: The Carolina Panthers, despite talent, despite promise and despite multiple playoff appearances, have never achieved back-to-back winning seasons."

15 minutes ago, Jeremy Igo said:

It is literally everyone on offense though, and not on defense. 

Explain that. 

Team captains not motivating players. Cam? Are we heading back to the days of him sitting on the bench with a towel over his head? The whole offense isn't focused. Cam has to do something because the coachs aint.

8 minutes ago, Murph said:

Team captains not motivating players. Cam? Are we heading back to the days of him sitting on the bench with a towel over his head? The whole offense isn't focused. Cam has to do something because the coachs aint.

He can jump over defenders.

He can lower his shoulder and bowl over LBs.

He can literally get smashed 30 times per game in the pocket.

He can play hurt and be the ONLY offensive player on the field capable of scoring or making a damn thing happen.

But when he doesn’t come through with EVERY GODDAM MIRACLE DEMANDED BY A FANBASE PACKED WITH INGRATES, it always comes back to “But what about Cammmmmm and that towwwwwelllll??!?!?”

My sig-quote remains appropriate after all these many years.

We need Shula gone.   Now.   I don't care if it's mid-season, other teams have done it and it lit a spark under them.     Rivera IS to blame because Shula can't get his players doing their their jobs and he won't let Shula go.    It starts at top.  

1 hour ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Steve Smith was 100x better than any receiver on the Panthers roster and he LOVED these plays when he could just lay some wood. He looked forward to it. 

Longing over the days of having a receiver like Steve Smith is a dark and dirty road my friend

3 minutes ago, Mvp2014 said:

And youd think we scarificed speed to have big bodies that can block their ass off.  No hammer in the secondary, weak o line...  jeez we suck.  TD is the only guy that lays wood on the roster

NFL is doing their very best to remove "wood laying" from the game.

Better to be able to cover, not hit these days.

Archived