• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Curtis Samuel...

Jeremy Igo

1 hour ago, CRA said:

I don’t think he is ready at all to be in the field.  Chicago showed he is more a liability than anything.

not hating on him.  He missed all preseason and  wasn’t a pure position player to begin with.  People don’t want to hear it but I think he is a developmental player....not a 2017 player 

Be hard to disagree honestly.

55 minutes ago, juliosantos said:

hes such a bust idc if its early he is mediocre wasnt even a good college player we reached for him

Can you please go pull for another team?

Calling a 2nd round player a bust, during his rookie year, after missing almost all of the offseason....is stupid and shortsighted....at best.

7 hours ago, mjligon said:

That play is forever engraved in my mind...just a stupid play design that ended about as poorly as you could have expected.

There is nothing wrong with that play. Dickson keeps the safety in the middle of the field and Samuel is 1-on-1 for a deep ball where he can beat the CB with speed. If the safety tries to help over the top then Dickson is wide open for a huge gain in the middle of the field.

He will be ok, he just needs time to develop. Give him a year or two before the "bust" label comes out..

Dude is a rookie who missed almost all of training camp and preseason with hamstring problems. He's pressing .. and with Kb and Funch, he's basically our only credible deep threat. Pretty sure he's feeling the pressure @ the moment.

After the Shula era comes to an end and/or the game slows down for both him and Mccaffrey .... they "should" be incredible. 

Right now, it's very premature to call him a bust.

8 hours ago, CRA said:

what also hurts Samuel.....is there is really no one on the roster who can help mentor him.   I mean KB and Fun play a totally different game.    

I thought that was the entire reason Jerricho Cotchery was hired as the assistant wide receiver coach.

As an Ohio State fan I'm a bit disappointed also. Dropping that perfect pitch was unacceptable and pretty much set the tone for that game.

Archived