• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Curtis Samuel...

Jeremy Igo

1 hour ago, mjligon said:

Shula’s definition of “evolve”:

Take a play we previously ran with a different player (Ginn), add a small wrinkle (CMC in motion) and run it with a new player (Samuel)! Evolve.

They'll never see it coming.

I like that. I Like that. I'm working on a new staple right now. We are going to split Stewart out wide and line CMC up in the backfield. Stewart does a jet sweep and Cam has the option to give it to stewart on the sweep or to give it to CMC right up the gut. Or, even better, after he has faked it to both and drawn all of the attention upfield toward the fake handoff and wasted loads of time, he can keep the ball for a half yard gain or try to throw to Benjamin on a 70 yard out-up-slant-curl-go route.

Edit: nvm, it looks like we already rely on something very similar to this for like half of our plays. Damn, thought i had something new.

2 minutes ago, Farachlombardi said:

That's pass interference 

that's called not being able to get off a defender and being bullied.  

you calling that based off Samuel's reaction to it.....NFL WRs get that type contact all game. 

1 minute ago, Shocker said:

All I can think of is he is really raw at WR and needs time.  He appears to be scared of contact which is a bigger concern.

what also hurts Samuel.....is there is really no one on the roster who can help mentor him.   I mean KB and Fun play a totally different game.    

29 minutes ago, CRA said:

what also hurts Samuel.....is there is really no one on the roster who can help mentor him.   I mean KB and Fun play a totally different game.    

True, I think he really needs a reverse or two and a few handoffs from the backfield.  Just to get him involved a little.  He appears to be trying to hard right now and pressing bigtime.  We need him to do more but he's just not ready yet.

57 minutes ago, Shocker said:

True, I think he really needs a reverse or two and a few handoffs from the backfield.  Just to get him involved a little.  He appears to be trying to hard right now and pressing bigtime.  We need him to do more but he's just not ready yet.

I don’t think he is ready at all to be in the field.  Chicago showed he is more a liability than anything.

not hating on him.  He missed all preseason and  wasn’t a pure position player to begin with.  People don’t want to hear it but I think he is a developmental player....not a 2017 player 

Archived