• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Illustration - Zero Urgency

Jeremy Igo

Here are two different angles on the Curtis Samuel Fumble. 

Here, watch as Devin Funchess slowly jogs to the play while he watched the guy that was guarding him hustle to the ball. Also, note how many Bears uniforms are swarming to it. 

giphy.gif

In the end, it is the two Panthers rookies that are the last to give up, CMC and Samuel. Silly rooks. 

Another angle, watch how no one has any sense of urgency to get to the fumble just in case it is recovered. I mean, why waste the energy? At least Turner made a half hearted effort to make his way over there. Everyone else is a spectator. 

giphy.gif

There is no hunger, no fire in this offense. They seem to think that either they are so good they can play like this or something is owed to them. 

They are wrong on both counts. 

Yeah, Dickson made an effort to get the fumble but was just in a bad position. He then did try to make a tackle, so he was at least working at it and he took a hell of a shot to the helmet as the fumble happened.

CMC and Samuel did make the effort, but everyone else just gave up. 

I think it is a combination of big check-itis (or waiting on big check-itis) and not wanting to be the next player to get injured. These guys, with the exception of the rookies, are playing like they are trying to avoid injuries at all costs. Not wanting to hurt their own personal franchises, they don't hit as hard, or as squarely or pursue as hard. 

They've watched Olsen, Fozzy, Coleman, Kalil (R), get hurt this year and well, they're scared, or so it seems. At least on offense. The defense seems motivated to play the game and make impacts, as well as the S/T players. But that offense, it just seems soft.

Also, On the Pick 6, is it me or could Matt Kalil could have made the tackle on the guy? He definitely seemed like he was within the distance where he could have dove a little and wrapped him up or at least gotten his legs? I felt like he kind of just let him go by, maybe it was the angle, anyone have that gif?

53 minutes ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Is it possible now that a powder puff GM is running things the players are on easy street?

I don't think so but I'd be lying if that thought hadn't crossed my mind. I mean they're paid professionals. I would hope they aren't acting like school children when the teacher is out and they get a sub instead. 

I think the part of me that thinks it just wants to find a way to blame Marty even though it isn't his fault. 

17 minutes ago, Sampson said:

Also, On the Pick 6, is it me or could Matt Kalil could have made the tackle on the guy? He definitely seemed like he was within the distance where he could have dove a little and wrapped him up or at least gotten his legs? I felt like he kind of just let him go by, maybe it was the angle, anyone have that gif?

Looked to me like he saw Cam and decided not to dive at the runner and risk hurting him. 

Archived