• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

3rd and 21...

Jeremy Igo

6 minutes ago, NeedSumD said:

You’re right I probably sound pretty dumb hanging every problem with this team around Cams neck right?? Probably almost as dumb as blaming everything wrong with this team around the coaches necks??

No you can make a point of why Cam is bad but back it up with some facts and knowledge. Saying Cams bad bc 1 td 6 ints Hur Durr isn't a point, it's trolling. Tons of us have put out facts and examples of why the OC is bad and have done so for years on this board. Again do some research and post a argument that's not just you trying to be a smart aleck someone might actually listen. 

2 hours ago, sanjay_rajput said:

Should have rolled out to the other direction and could have been a big gain to Dickson.

Why doee he not remember which way his guys are going

I know I probably said this countless times but at this point I just don't think Cam trust anyone on this team enough to just throw it to them know they'll be there.( he has very little to no anticipation, he's waiting to see that they get to that spot he doesn't just throw  because he KNOWS they'll  be there ) he doesn't have the confidence in his receivers (or line  because I noticed sometimes he's looking in front of him or at least it looks like that instead of looking down the field)  and if he throws a perfect one they can still drop the damn ball. honestly I don't see why anybody questions it. When you see why he would be hesitant AND I see ALOT of hesitation( like it looks like he's going to throw but he decides not to  and gets nervous/ rushed  so he just either holds onto the ball or throws it forcefully into bad situations) on the field from a lot of different people but especially cam. 

3 minutes ago, CarolinaSamurai said:

No you can make a point of why Cam is bad but back it up with some facts and knowledge. Saying Cams bad bc 1 td 6 ints Hur Durr isn't a point, it's trolling. Tons of us have put out facts and examples of why the OC is bad and have done so for years on this board. Again do some research and post a argument that's not just you trying to be a smart aleck someone might actually listen. 

Ok auctual facts then. He has a very hard time reading defenses and recognition of blitz packages. Which is crucial for the QB position, has poor pocket awareness will spin right into a DL when all he would have to do is climb the pocket.  Will ignore a wide open underneath route for the first down and throw into triple coverage 30 yards down the field, see Sunday for and example Sheppard wide open on shallow cross for the first throws to Funchess who is triples up.  Will stay on 1 knee for 5 secs after the rest of offense is breaking the Huddle and then try to change the play with 5 secs on the play clock.  Has a very difficult time with touch passes or throwing a receiver open.  Sails a lot of passes why most our receivers have to be 6 ft 6 or taller and sometimes there still not tall enough even when they’re open. Throws off his back foot constantly. I’m not saying Cam is the only problem on this team and a lot of it is bone headed play calls. But Damn the QB has to shoulder some of the blame in any loss that comes with the position.

55 minutes ago, NeedSumD said:

I was hoping one of you football gurus would say something about no way he’s going to gain 21 yards. But then again you probably think there’s a play call in the NFL for 3rd and 21?? LOL  1TD and 8int in 3 losses, Damn coaching :eyeroll:

What the hell do you even watch the fuging games or do you just look at the fuging stats you idiot I'm not going to pretend that I am some genius OR  I know it all when it comes to football but even if you just simply look at the game you can see  some of those interceptions  are not his fault.  Some of the incompletions are not his fault.  But I get it you want us to trash the qb  because it is Cam's fault. Jesus you people are just so fuging pathetic and it really reveals that some are you just simply don't like cam newton. because the insane  mental gymnastics and the irrational thought process to blame ONE SINGLE person When there's multiple parts of the offense that are falling apart but you just conveniently neglect that...... for the one you simply FEEL is the problem.

2 hours ago, Jeremy Igo said:

It is 3rd and 21. 

Lets give a DE a clear path to the Cam.

giphy.gif

WTF is this.  Dickson doesn't even chip him. If Williams slides over to take on the DE, the blitzing LB still has a clear shot on Cam. 

Good lord. 

Floyd is OLB not DE

5 minutes ago, NeedSumD said:

Ok auctual facts then. He has a very hard time reading defenses and recognition of blitz packages.

I guess you never knew that, at least before this year, Cam has had one of the highest completion percentages against the blitz over the last 6 years.

He said for you to present "facts", not poo you just feel like making up inside your near-empty brain cavity.

But keep on derpin'.

1 hour ago, Mr. Scot said:

We had thought that with Newton being able to pass downfield, the running game might open up again. 

It hasn't.

So as a result, we still have no balance. No one fears the run and teams know they can just pin their ears back and rush the passer. 

While its a valid point, I don't think anyone would fear a run play on 3rd and 21 even if were a great rushing team. 

Yea no receiver is trust worthy except Olsen. Kb is not consistent enough nor is Funchess. Without Olsen the defense just does not respect us. Its just that simple..Shula and Ron have no plans worth a damn on offense..Should have went no huddle instead of killing the playclock walking all slow up to the line. Shula wants to control everything but knows nothing ..We should have went no huddle the entire second half until gae was secured by us...After the since of no urgency right after the half. When the team came back out they should have had some pep in their step...That whole game they played like they had the lead.. Need a coach that has and shows emotions. Stoic Ron and stone face shula.

2 minutes ago, Davidson Deac II said:

While its a valid point, I don't think anyone would fear a run play on 3rd and 21 even if were a great rushing team. 

Speaking in general.

I'd throw in that when it comes to our blocking schemes, overloading one side or the other seems to be pretty effective. We haven't had an effective counter for that (certainly didn't yesterday). 

1 minute ago, Mr. Scot said:

Speaking in general.

Understood and I agree. 

Although the running game wasn't that bad after the 1st quarter.  While I don't have the stats and didn't study game film, I got the impression that it worked better when we gave Stewart a running start in a more traditional formation.  Seemed to fail when we handed it to him while he was standing still. 

5 minutes ago, Davidson Deac II said:

Understood and I agree. 

Although the running game wasn't that bad after the 1st quarter.  While I don't have the stats and didn't study game film, I got the impression that it worked better when we gave Stewart a running start in a more traditional formation.  Seemed to fail when we handed it to him while he was standing still. 

I'd like to sit down and analyze how we do in the zone read formations vs traditional lineups, but admittedly I just don't have the time for something like that right now.

3 hours ago, Zaximus said:

Somehow this is Cam's fault, right?

Well after rolling out the pocket and buying himself time.....he ran the ball for like a 4 yard gain. This isn't close to what a competent NFL QB does and especially not one with his mobility. He should be moving around in order to help his WRs get open.

3 hours ago, SetfreexX said:

The question is WHY IN GOD'S GOOD NAME DO WE RUN EMPTY ON 3RD AND 21!!!

For a team as poor at pass pro as we are we run several empty sets per game, and they rarely work out in our favor. The offensive staff is horrible, if fans can see that it's an issue. A middle-school football game plan beat us yesterday.

If you can't out coach that you DON'T BELONG IN THE NFL as a coach / coordinator. It's their job to put players in a position to exceed, and we do that rarely, we run tosses to Stewart, and we run CMC up the A gap into 8 man fronts. 

Same can be said for running shotgun last week on 3rd & 1 and then AGAIN on 4th &1 with the game on the line. None of this poo is making sense this year, but at some point, Cam has got to step up and change plays when there is ridiculous calls made in those situations 

Archived