• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

HOLY FUG A RUN WITH POSITIVE YARDS

Jeremy Igo

1 minute ago, CRA said:

generally 9 in the box stops run plays...regardless of how creative you are.  Unless the opposing D just stinks. 

Adjustment is to beat the one of one coverage and hit them for a big play.   You stack the box against Matt Ryan, or Brees or Winston in our division to stop a run play.....they are going to hit a huge pass play on you most of the time. 

The expectation was that once Newton was able to throw downfield again, opposing defenses would loosen up. 

I haven't seen it yet. 

They don't fear big plays from us. 

49 minutes ago, CRA said:

9 men in the box.  Running into that all game just gonna lead to a lot punting. 

Should be one on one coverage on the outside and a QB licking his chops.  

The answer to our running woes has to come from the pass game.  You run into 9 in the box....that is just math.  The play isn’t the run with those looks.

My thought as well.

Play action to a fast receiver like Samuel seems like a good idea rather than running the ball on 9 of the 11 men on the field for Chicago.

That play was doomed from the start.

Just now, Mr. Scot said:

The expectation was that once Newton was able to throw downfield again, opposing defenses would loosen up. 

I haven't seen it yet. 

They don't fear big plays from us. 

takes more than Newton's arm.  KB and Fun Fun both represent a certain niche as being WRs.  They have never been ones that can separate consistently.  They need time to get downfield and position themselves. 

People need to go bump threads from 2014.  Identical problems.  We have literally no one to beat anyone over the top and so defense literally never play with that in mind.  Makes life comically easy on a DC.  Makes life comcially hard for all the basic stuff we can normally do with that type body on the field. 

2 minutes ago, MillionDollarCam said:

My thought as well.

Play action to a fast receiver like Samuel seems like a good idea rather than running the ball on 9 of the 11 men on the field for Chicago.

That play was doomed from the start.

Samuel is a rookie who wasn't even a pure WR in college.  He can't be the dude right now.  Nor should he be.  He ideally is the check down hybrid type that McCaffrey already has on lock. 

12 minutes ago, CRA said:

Samuel is a rookie who wasn't even a pure WR in college.  He can't be the dude right now.  Nor should he be.  He ideally is the check down hybrid type that McCaffrey already has on lock. 

Why are we so stuck on not red ady let him get out there and learn..evryone else throw their guys in.. they say he has a hi  fb iq lets see it.

24 minutes ago, CRA said:

Well when he's your only "deep threat" what do you expect?

A play action pass to a speed receiver on a deep post route is exactly what should have been called there, not my fault that Samuel is the only guy on the roster that has the jets to get down the field before the defense is in the backfield.

This is literally the play call that SHOULD have been ran out of that formation.

Side note: If you can't throw your second round pick into the game cause he's "not ready", he shouldn't have been a second round pick to begin with.

4 hours ago, Jeremy Igo said:

I-Formation with a blocking fullback. Weird how that works. 

giphy.gif

Nice job by Armah here stifling a defensive end. 

It ain't pretty. It ain't exciting. But at the very least it is positive yards on a run play that would actually wear out a defense. 

Need more of this. 

1st and 10, run up gut, where have I seen this before? 

Archived