• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

It is 4th and 2 ...

Jeremy Igo

It is 4th and a long two.

Time for your best power running play that is sure to pick up a couple of yards. Most teams will be in i-formation with a fullback and a big running back to pound it out. This could also provide a nice play action possibility or even a QB bootleg. But not us. 

THIS is what Shula comes up with.

giphy.gif

A slow developing run play that puts Cam Newton in the shotgun, sitting and waiting for Andrew Norwell to pull while the Bears linebackers inch ever so much closer to the line of scrimmage as they giggle at the play call. Taking candy from a baby. 

Rip this play out of the book, wipe your ass with it, and discard in appropriate trash receptacle. 

I knew exactly where that play was going before the play started, it was so embarassing.  First, you got Stew and CMC averaging like about 7 inches per carry so you knew it wasn't going to either of them, and stack the line...how on earth did anyone think this play would work.  FWIW, the decision to go for it was the right decision, the play call was the stuff that nightmares are made of.

IF you can Jeremy, please find the play at about 7:30 to go in the game where they Effing run Stew on a go route.  That was the absolute worst play design of the game by far.  I think my brain stroked out when I saw Stewart so far down the field.  Who on gods green earth did Shula think would even consider worrying about him as a receiver on a go route.

8 minutes ago, Carolina Cajun said:

WE'RE GONNA GET EM THIS TIME!  RUN A AGING POWERBACK ON A FLY ROUTE!  THEY'LL NEVER SEE IT COMING! HAHAHA.  holy poo, that play made my brain hurt.

They motioned him out of the backfield, hoping it would free up the middle of the field for Dickson. Problem is, they got the personnel all wrong because Chicago could not have paid less attention to Stewart. 

Now, Put Shepard in the slot and motion CMC out wide to run a fly and it may actually have worked. 

1 minute ago, Jeremy Igo said:

They motioned him out of the backfield, hoping it would free up the middle of the field for Dickson. Problem is, they got the personnel all wrong because Chicago could not have paid less attention to Stewart. 

Now, Put Shepard in the slot and motion CMC out wide to run a fly and it may actually have worked. 

then who would have taken CMC's part of the play?

jogging a half assed route into the middle and turning around knowing a pass would never come?

3 minutes ago, electro's horse said:

then who would have taken CMC's part of the play?

jogging a half assed route into the middle and turning around knowing a pass would never come?

Definitely Shepard, He never gets the ball even when he's WIDE open, let alone when he's covered, perfect use of him there.

6 minutes ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Sad part is only Shula and Shula alone would think that the defense would even remotely care about Stew lining up out wide.

Archived