• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Ideal Superhero Movie Formula

Mr. Scot

Origins should be 100% faithful to the comic books. Other than that, comic book movies should be about 66% faithful to the source material. That means the director can have a little free reign, put the character into situations that were never seen in the comic books to make them more current and identifiable, but at the end of the day you know who you are watching. I mean, look at Dark Knight. Completely original. That story line has no basis in the comic books, BUT it borrowed heavily from Batman source material like "The Killing Joke." I think that was a perfect mix of source-based and original storytelling.

But man does it grind my gears when a director messes up someone's origins. What they did to Deadpool in the Wolverine Origins picture was criminal. I pray that in the Deadpool spin off they do a complete reboot (and this is the only time you will ever see me campaigning for a reboot)

What about TMNT?

First TMNT was faithful and fairly gritty for its style of film.

TMNT2 = new monsters + fail.

TMNT3 = wtgdholyfug lolwut?

Or...Spawn...how is a 30 minute serial cartoon going to be better than the full feature theatrical release? How?

Good writing makes good movies.

another TMNT is coming in 2011..its going to be live action..I hope this one is not PG.

Another Spawn is coming to..but from what Mcfarlane is saying about what he wonts to do with it..its going to suck

I seriously doubt they're going to top the HBO series.

My personal #1 rule for comic book movies: Don't make new characters (Transformers, first Incredible Hulk ((or was that supposed to be absorbing man?)) come to mind) just to sell moar toys.

The dismantling of Deadpool's character is why I haven't seen Wolverine: Origins. That and it looked retarded.

I was really happy with Iron Man though.

Gotta give an honorable mention to both the Hellboy flicks on how to do a comic book flick right.

My personal #1 rule for comic book movies: Don't make new characters (Transformers, first Incredible Hulk ((or was that supposed to be absorbing man?)) come to mind) just to sell moar toys.

I believe that was 'Abomination' in Hulk, and it was pretty close to staying true as it gets. Unless Im wrong...

And there are so many Transformers in comics, cartoons and Japan that how does anybody know these were made for these movies? Wasnt that huge thing at the end of Revenge of the Fallen Devastator? The Constructicons?

Archived