• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What a weird thing for Rivera to say

Jeremy Igo

There were so many turds left in the offense's bed, it's going to be hard to assign the blame to just a couple of folks. Looks like everyone dropped one or two in there.

Couldn't ask more from the defense, though. A turnover would have been nice, but nearly continual three and outs is about as good as it gets. We just literally couldn't do anything out there.

2 hours ago, Castavar said:

I don't think they've ruined him yet, but it's close. I think a new OC would do WONDERS for this offense, especially Cam. Just a new face would bring a little spark.

Unfortunately we have two problems. One is that we have a team set up to take advantage of the passing game. Two we have a coach that wants to run a power system with a game manager. 

Now Shula is definitely a terrible OC but when Rivera meddles it gets worse. We need a new offensive minded head coach with Wilks staying as DC. Either that or a OC that has total control over offense. 

9 minutes ago, Snake said:

Unfortunately we have two problems. One is that we have a team set up to take advantage of the passing game. Two we have a coach that wants to run a power system with a game manager. 

Now Shula is definitely a terrible OC but when Rivera meddles it gets worse. We need a new offensive minded head coach with Wilks staying as DC. Either that or a OC that has total control over offense. 

Good point. As much sh*t as we give Shula, Ron is still the one keeping him as our OC and asking him to call conservative. Shula is obviously garbage, but Ron's meddling (like you said) just makes it THAT much worse.

Whatever happens, it needs to be now or during the bye week if we are still serious about turning this around THIS YEAR. The way this team is currently assembled, we are not winning a championship. It's time for a major change right now, or else we can kiss our chances this year goodbye.

22 minutes ago, Castavar said:

Good point. As much sh*t as we give Shula, Ron is still the one keeping him as our OC and asking him to call conservative. Shula is obviously garbage, but Ron's meddling (like you said) just makes it THAT much worse.

Whatever happens, it needs to be now or during the bye week if we are still serious about turning this around THIS YEAR. The way this team is currently assembled, we are not winning a championship. It's time for a major change right now, or else we can kiss our chances this year goodbye.

But who is going to change that? Hurney? JR? If I would have told you a year ago no coach would get fired and Hurney would be our GM you would have laughed. I think the only chance is if Cam or the players demand it. 

1 minute ago, Snake said:

But who is going to change that? Hurney? JR? If I would have told you a year ago no coach would get fired and Hurney would be our GM you would have laughed. 

Yep. I think we all know how this plays out. Nothing will happen. We will finish the season 9-7 (which is enough for this coaching staff to be retained). Hurney will be kept as GM. We will enter next season with the same bullshit GM and coaches. And we'll be right back here on this same date debating the same thing. Such a depressing cycle.

5 minutes ago, Castavar said:

Yep. I think we all know how this plays out. Nothing will happen. We will finish the season 9-7 (which is enough for this coaching staff to be retained). Hurney will be kept as GM. We will enter next season with the same bullshit GM and coaches. And we'll be right back here on this same date debating the same thing. Such a depressing cycle.

We had our ride. It got so bad under fox and Hurney JR was forced to pick someone qualified. Now back to same old. 

We did not have a chance to win this football game.  We basically laid down for the Bears.  

We were like, want a win? Well here you go. 

And you know what? We'll make it extra sweet and your rookie QB will only need 4 completions to do so.  

12 minutes ago, Castavar said:

I'm not convinced we even have to win nine games.

Hate to say it, but we could go the rest of this season without winning another game and I'd still expect everyone back. 

Maybe some lower level assistant gets fired just so the team can say "see look, accountability" but in the end they'll probably go with the story that they just had too many injuries and the players didn't execute and nothing major will happen.

I feel nauseous. 

1 minute ago, Mr. Scot said:

I'm not convinced we even have to win nine games.

We could go the rest of this season without winning another game, and I'd still expect everyone back. 

Maybe some lower level assistant gets fired just so the team can say "see,  accountability" but in the end they'll go with the story that they just had too many injuries and the players didn't execute and nothing major will happen. 

Sad but true. Just a matter of time before Hurney starts throwing more guys on IR for that built in excuse. God I'm so done with this franchise. Until something major happens, I just don't see how anybody can be excited about our future.

Archived