• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Went to the ALDS game 1 in Yankee Stadium

TheSaint

One of the great sporting events of my life.

Ive been a Yankee fan for a long time. Never had a chance to go to a game before Wednesday.

Walking by the old stadium made me a bit sad i never got to see a game there, but at least i got to see it before its gone.

Went to Stans on River Ave. Mickey Rivers was on the sidewalk signing balls and pictures. Great pre-game atmosphere. More electric than i was expecting.

The new stadium is awesome. when you walk into the great hall, they have huge banners of former players. There are 1400 framed pictures of Yankees and great Yankee moments from years past.

Had great seats on the main level behind the Yanks dugout. I will say that seating was very tight. Especially with 5 big dudes sitting next to each other. Got to see Jeter homer, A-Rod knock in a few runs, and Matsui homer to go ahead.

You really got the feeling that you were in the home of the greatest sport franchise in the world. Quite a sense of history even in the new place. Im gonna think hard about going back for an ALCS game should they make it.

Archived