• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

I've Finally Had Enough. Following Perhaps The Most Demoralizing Regular Season Loss In Franchise History, I Refuse To Watch Any Longer Until Someone Is Fired (Shula and/or Rivera. I'll Take One or Both).

Proudiddy

3 hours ago, Skack25 said:

I don't intend to stop watching, but today did put me over the edge in regards to hating our play calling (and firing Shula).

With 10 minutes left in the 4th, I still felt like we could get back in the game, but we are perfectly content with wasting downs trying to run the ball.  It's embarassing.

Icing on the cake, my brother is a Bears fan, so I have to listen to that for the rest of the year.

It's that point when you know the team has the talent to overcome it but the coaching staff is standing in the way. It's really hard to watch and I catch myself watching less and less. 

3 hours ago, Don Keebols said:

I turned the game off after our second possession. I'm no longer watching this shiitshow. I'm not watching until this coaching staff is gone. 

If everyone found something else to do on game days and the stadium was empty I think JR would get the hint. Sadly that will never happen.  I haven’t watched a game in 5 weeks and it feels great not watching a bunch of lame coaches and players give 1/4 effort. 

2015 super bowl broke me about not getting too high and not getting too low after games. The subsequent media trashing was unbearable I had to unglue from sports altogether for like 6 months. It physically and mentally made me sick which is fuging stupid. 

I had the same feelings after 2009/2010. Cam reinvigorated my fandom in 2011. 2015 was the peak of my fandom for sure. After that loss nothing hurts as bad. It's just a game, I'll root for the players because we have some great guys on this team who can make Sunday's fun but when they don't I just shrug my shoulders and just hang with my buddies with the game on in the background. 

Next up for entertainment, TWD!

Just now, Mr. Scot said:

Seriously though, these past two games are some of the absolute sh--tiest coaching I've ever watched.

It's positively painful. 

Seriously.  I can't remember a loss that was so much on the ineptitude of the offense and coaching.  

Delhomme implosions were Delhomme implosions, Henning was frustrating as hell but had a system.  

This offense is LOST.  Too many moving parts, unnecessarily complicated, and a lot of guys phoning it in now so many years in.  And yes, I'm comparing them to the show Lost.  

5 hours ago, Proudiddy said:

I'm not going to support purposely losing, by purposeful losers like Rivera and Shula.  I'm not going to be complicit in the acceptance of mediocrity any longer.  Enough is a fuging 'nough.  Get your poo together JR, or you won't win people back over like you have in the past.  If it isn't your meddling in matters you have no business in, be it political or personnel, it's your complete neglect that is ruining this team.  Heads better roll this week (but they won't), and until they do, I won't be watching.

Well said, sir, and I agree completely. I will not watch another Panthers game until someone is fired. I'd be willing to give it a shot if Shula is fired and Rivera is not. But someone's head needs to roll for this pathetic performance.

I'm with The OP on this.  I had way too much fun today not watching the game and as a PSL holder, I might just skip the rest of the home games.  JJR has my $$ for the tickets, but I'll be damned if I pay him $9 for another beer.  I'd rather my seats be empty.

I love all the 'talent talk'  on offense, exactly who is that?

i want lunch pail, put your hard hat on, with your big boy pants and go out and play football. 

Where is this talent, that is being.discussed?   

We kept a fullback. Have we ever used him ?  From what I've seen of those two TEs, we could use him

This offensive line is soft, very very soft.  Trai got paid,  Matt got paid, Larsen is lost as is Williams  no idea what Norwell is doing in his contract year but it sure ain't blocking    Ryan Kalil is history 

Note to all the 'talent talkers', if you ain't got an oline, you got nothing 

Those  marvelous Panthers coaches best get that fullback going and short passing game going or this season is finished 

When I had to start working Sundays, I was disappointed that I could only listen to my team on Sirius radio.

I switched to another game after Cam's second interception. Frankly, I've gone through too many years of "Fire Fox, Fire Henning, Bench Jake, Start Carr, Peppers has no heart, etc" threads to go though another cycle of finger pointing. The onus is on the entire team to fix their problems because as a fan, I surely don't have the power to do it. 

2 hours ago, TheRumGone said:

2015 super bowl broke me about not getting too high and not getting too low after games. The subsequent media trashing was unbearable I had to unglue from sports altogether for like 6 months. It physically and mentally made me sick which is fuging stupid. 

I had the same feelings after 2009/2010. Cam reinvigorated my fandom in 2011. 2015 was the peak of my fandom for sure. After that loss nothing hurts as bad. It's just a game, I'll root for the players because we have some great guys on this team who can make Sunday's fun but when they don't I just shrug my shoulders and just hang with my buddies with the game on in the background. 

Next up for entertainment, TWD!

Funny thing is, I share the same sentiment as far as the Superbowl being hard to get over and causing a shift in my mindset afterwards...  but, it wasnt so much one of indifference.  It actually made me much more frustrated, impatient, and less willing to put up with bullshit when it comes to our organization.  Much like them, I've never got over the loss either, but it has made me a lot less understanding and pretty much adopt a zero tolerance policy when it comes to this staff.  Like I said, they have proven more often than not that they are inept and unfit for thwir jobs, and the Superbowl was their crown jewel of ineptitiude...  

I dont want anymore excuses, i don't want anymore reasons...  i want them fired and I want to get a staff in here that knows wtf theyre doing and how to play to our talent's strengths.

7 hours ago, Proudiddy said:

Funny thing is, I share the same sentiment as far as the Superbowl being hard to get over and causing a shift in my mindset afterwards...  but, it wasnt so much one of indifference.  It actually made me much more frustrated, impatient, and less willing to put up with bullshit when it comes to our organization.  Much like them, I've never got over the loss either, but it has made me a lot less understanding and pretty much adopt a zero tolerance policy when it comes to this staff.  Like I said, they have proven more often than not that they are inept and unfit for thwir jobs, and the Superbowl was their crown jewel of ineptitiude...  

I dont want anymore excuses, i don't want anymore reasons...  i want them fired and I want to get a staff in here that knows wtf theyre doing and how to play to our talent's strengths.

That won't happen with JR so there is no point getting in a tizzy

Archived