• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Once again, it is the offensive coaching staff.

Jeremy Igo

7 minutes ago, a girl is no one said:

From our fearless leader...

Seriously. Screw this coaching staff.

That right there is why we will NEVER win a superbowl with this staff. Holy fug that is just irritating. The elite coaches gameplan accordingly to their personnel and opponent, and adjust when it doesn't work. This coaching staff throws sh*t at a wall and blames the sh*t when it doesn't stick.

Just now, TheRed said:

See my post above about the disappearance of our hurry up offense.

I imagine the lack of Olsen is absolutely hampering and only worsening existing issues, but we actually had a lot of success in the hurry up over the years. I think our scheme overall is a big steaming pile of manure. Pair that with a lack of opportunity in the offseason for Cam to develop chemistry, and that's the cherry on top to an already mounting number of negative variables.

the offense has looked most potent when Cam is able to get everyone to the line quickly and adjust the play at the LoS accordingly and snap the ball at his discretion.

the coaches are constantly playing to control the play clock but at some point they need to let the offense get a rhythm...

2 minutes ago, mav1234 said:

the offense has looked most potent when Cam is able to get everyone to the line quickly and adjust the play at the LoS accordingly and snap the ball at his discretion.

the coaches are constantly playing to control the play clock but at some point they need to let the offense get a rhythm...

People want to blame Cam for a lack of urgency, but these clock management issues have crept in and out over the years consistently with Rivera/Shula. Ron has not learned anything from the laundry list of coaching decision gaffes over the years that he openly talked about haunting him and how we would use them to adapt accordingly moving forward. Yet here we are again, same story, same questions. It isn't Cam.

Just now, TheRed said:

People want to blame Cam for a lack of urgency, but these clock management issues have crept in and out over the years consistently with Rivera/Shula. Ron has not learned anything from the laundry list of coaching decision gaffes over the years that he openly talked about haunting him and how we would adapt accordingly. Yet here we are again, same story, same questions. It isn't Cam.

to be clear, I think that the lack of urgency / energy has as much to do with the coaching staff as any player.... same with 'execution issues'... 

what frustrates me is we clearly have the talent that the offense could perform well beyond what it is doing now. we all know it... and I think the players do too, which I think is why they looked listless today.

16 minutes ago, ladypanther said:

I said before the play...bringing the team out of the huddle...up to the line.  No energy or even a sense of urgency when time is short.

Based on game day performance, it doesn't appear the Panthers offense spends sufficient time working on their two minute drill.  They consistently waste critical scoring opportunities and gobs of time while looking lost and lethargic.

53 minutes ago, bigdog10 said:

Agreed, however it doesn’t help when your QB goes into a shell at the first sign of adversity. 

Like I said in the other thread people making it about individuals is pointless and only shows me who you favor and who you don't like on the team.  people are so predictable honestly you blame anybody you already didn't like,  that's their go to.

crazy fuging people 

I'm ANGRY BUT  I WIL NOT SINGLE ANYONE OUT.   Especially after the poo show of a game.

37 minutes ago, Camvp said:

Cam now leads the league in interceptions.  Behind Kizer,  Dalton, Siemian, Glennon, and well, literally every other QB.

A TD/INT ratio of less than one, after this game as well.

I'm sure the huddle has an explanation for each one on why it was Shula's fault, though.

Look at the pathetic excuse for a run game we have.  We're a one dimensional team from the start of the game.  Defenses have Shula's kindergarten game plan figured out before kickoff. 

7 minutes ago, mav1234 said:

to be clear, I think that the lack of urgency / energy has as much to do with the coaching staff as any player.... same with 'execution issues'... 

what frustrates me is we clearly have the talent that the offense could perform well beyond what it is doing now. we all know it... and I think the players do too, which I think is why they looked listless today.

I think we agree for the most part here.

From my perspective though, I'm just disgusted continually seeing people questioning Cam as a competitor because they can't handle seeing the team falter. I can't think of any other starting QB that faces those questions so routinely even after clearly showing his capabilities and dedication year after year while pounding his body into and over defenders for the sake of the team. He isn't perfect, clearly, but if we can't even reach the end zone one time with a talent like him behind center, it's time to evaluate the staff.

There's no reason we should be getting blown out in 2 out of 3 weeks with the talent we have.

13 minutes ago, mav1234 said:

I used to think this mattered, it doesn't. Too many times we do no huddle on the 1st drive and the drive stalls

The offensive design, system, and players is flawed. We need a complete overhaul of the offense. Ron Rivera is on his 3rd GM technically speaking, he should no longer be the coach unless he makes drastic changes which I wish he would stop acting like a scared bitch and do. Its all luck from here on out.

Archived