• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Once again, it is the offensive coaching staff.

Jeremy Igo

Cam is and has been asked to be our entire offense a good majority of the time these last 7 years.

Our record overall when we can't run for poo and Cam has to shoulder the load is not good, and that hasn't changed.

So what do we do? Well for one we stop trying aimlessly to force what clearly isn't working. Shula has to go.

Its on Shula.  CMC does not have the body mass for up the gut runs, but hey Shula thinks its a great call.  CMC should be in the slot with Jstew in the backfield.  Why do we pack all the players in tight on an inside run?  All that does is bring the whole defense into the box - spread the dang field and then the runs will open up some.  Shula would have a hard time calling plays for little league.

I also blame Rivera for having no balls - fire Shula or share the uhaul out of town.

3 minutes ago, mav1234 said:

it isn't just execution but confidence and urgency... the offense looked dead practically the entire game... and that is as much on the coaches as players.

Cam has never acted spirited on the field until he makes a big play.  He never hurries to the line or seems to have any energy before a play.  I have wondered for a long time if he is a bit too casual.

4 minutes ago, Cpt slay a ho said:

Firing the oc does nothing until the bigger issues are resolved, been looking for a wr worth a damn since smith was in his prime, and been looking for a ot since gross retired. Ignoring the secondary and acting like Norman was so easily replaceable, no ints by anyone in the secondary.plenty of blame to go around.

Firing the OC makes a huge difference. Players are not the problem. Tons of teams with less talent scoring 28 points. 

2 minutes ago, Camvp said:

Cam now leads the league in interceptions.  Behind Kizer,  Dalton, Siemian, Glennon, and well, literally every other QB.

A TD/INT ratio of less than one, after this game as well.

I'm sure the huddle has an explanation for each one on why it was Shula's fault, though.

Only someone with a clear agenda would just throw out interceptions in a vacuum without doing any evaluation of the details that led to that point.

24 minutes ago, Jeremy Igo said:

When an entire unit appears unprepared and unable to execute at all for most of the season, it is pointless to look at individual player performances.

It is the offensive staff.

They are not good.

That is all.

Dilly Dilly!

1 minute ago, ladypanther said:

Cam has never acted spirited on the field until he makes a big play.  He never hurries to the line or seems to have any energy before a play.  I have wondered for a long time if he is a bit too casual.

The man literally....literally.... lays his body on the line to score.

Too casual? Do what?

1 minute ago, Snake said:

It's a poorly coached unit that has no accountability. Plenty of talent but just poorly coached. Same amount of talent on the other side of the ball but totally different outcome. 

Players execution? like I said earlier..2 turnovers by the defense in the first half and defense gave plenty of 3 and outs and we still couldnt score.. no since of urgency in the offense everybody is slow. Cam is probably trying to gather himself from all the running and hits. No excuse for when he gets to the line and claps his hand rapidly for the ball to come out. After the drive for the 1st half ended i knew we had lost.KB wanting to show biat instead of heading to the line. No urgency we pkayed right into the bears hand. All those yards and no points.Ron and Shula need to be gone or let Cam pkay for another twam tired of looking at them waist his energy. I have yet to see what was special about CMC and Samuels oart bc of retarded OC and part maybe they just aren't that good. Shula play calling and play designs are foolish.

21 minutes ago, Cpt slay a ho said:

Players, #65 getting destroyed, our overpaid fa kalil getting destroyed, wr's not creating separation just pathetic. Rivera needs to go

Don’t forget our highly paid Pro Bowl guard getting destroyed or preferring spectating over blocking on screen plays.

17 minutes ago, stankowalski said:

Anybody ever think that maybe...just maybe...we're not as talented on the offensive side of the ball as we think we are?  We have some pieces but with the godawful play of our offensive line it's hard to get anything done.  

All you have to do is take a look at what McVay has done for that Rams offense. They looked like they couldn't even score on a high school team last year. Was using Gurley ENTIRELY wrong all year and Goff looked like a complete bust. Fisher has always had horrible schemes and mindset. Fast forward to this year and they hare the #1 scoring offense in the league. Gurley looks like the second coming of LT, and Goff looks like a top 8 QB.

People really underestimate just how much a GOOD coach can change the philosophy and scheme of a team. We have more than enough talent on this offense. You cannot tell me the Rams have more weapons than we do, yet they are lighting up teams on offense this year and look like a legit playoff contender.

Our scheme is and has always been terrible. Trying to force a "power" running scheme when we simply do not have the players to do it with. Trying to play conservative when you have Cam at QB. Trying to use CMC like he's a 225 power RB. It's just a big clusterfug.

Archived