• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Once again, it is the offensive coaching staff.

Jeremy Igo

15 hours ago, CRA said:

Shula sucks 

it isn’t Shula’s fault he doesn’t have a WR to alter what opposing defenses are doing.  Saw this in 2014.....saw the difference every Ginn season 

Who picked samuels and cmc..i know he had a voice..thats not a legitimate excuse anymorehe had 1st and 2nd pick of the draft. What has he done? No more excuses for him and the bone head play calls and player utilization is awful too.

3 minutes ago, Darvinsun said:

Who picked samuels and cmc..i know he had a voice..thats not a legitimate excuse anymorehe had 1st and 2nd pick of the draft. What has he done? No more excuses for him and the bone head play calls and player utilization is awful too.

Just because we gave him 1st and 2nd picks on offense doesn't make those players good

What if we drafted two players who actually suck?

I don't think Samuel sucks. He just isn't ready to produce as a rookie. McCaffrey is just another guy. McCaffrey is a joke of a pick, hated it then, hated it now.

3 minutes ago, Darvinsun said:

Shula sucks but people blame him for everything. Not he is in charge of the draft? 

We know Shula lobbied last year hard for a position in the draft and they ignored that spot in the draft

20 hours ago, hepcat said:

Is it just Mike Shula? Or is Shula limited by his personnel? He’s not the one not hustling to the line to spike the ball or missing blocks.

Either way I agree that it’s time for Shula to go.

Honest questions - would anyone argue that the 2015 offensive personnel were that much better than this year's, if at all? And if the execution was better, why is that and whose responsibility is it to make sure that plays are executed?

12 hours ago, fjblair said:

It's so convenient to trash the coaching, but it's mostly Cam Newton. You get good Cam or bad Cam, and that determines how the game is going to play out.  He always gives it all he's got, but sometimes he's just out of sync.

Ok i will give you yes Cam is not perfect but with a blink of an eye he can make his turnover just disappear. Like in the Lions game...but play calling and play designs have to work as well ..Cam is out of synch with this coaching staff and it is showing..Coaching staff stunk it up real bad. Cam had 1 bad throw and 1 bad interception that occurred pretty much when game was over. Someone else needs to step up.. Coaching staff should know Cam by now and they should call plays that help.

1 hour ago, Hallin'AllDaeDae said:

McCaffrey is just another guy. McCaffrey is a joke of a pick, hated it then, hated it now.

Yes we get it.  You think McCaffrey sucks.  You have 394 posts to date and 390 of them include something about CMC being a waste of a pick and sucking.  

From what I saw yesterday,  CMC was one of the few players on the offense side of the ball that actually looked like they give a f uck.  Jerome Bettis couldn't have gotten yards with the plays bonehead Shula was calling in yesterday for our backs.

1 minute ago, Paa Langfart said:

Yes we get it.  You think McCaffrey sucks.  You have 394 posts to date and 390 of them include something about CMC being a waste of a pick and sucking.  

From what I saw yesterday,  CMC was one of the few players on the offense side of the ball that actually looked like they give a f uck.

yea I was telling my mom that yestersday when she asked me how did the panthers do after she got back from church (shes not a football fan but knows I love the Panthers) . I told her her they lost, and that lot of the players just looked lost or like they didnt care. I think they're adopting the tone that Rivera is setting by being conservative and stoic and blaming the players, not taking personal accountability. 

1 minute ago, Paa Langfart said:

From what I saw yesterday,  CMC was one of the few players on the offense side of the ball that actually looked like they give a f uck.

Leads rookies in receptions.

Third in the league in YAC (yards after catch).

DaeDae: HE SUX DERPITY DERP!

31 minutes ago, tiger7_88 said:

Leads rookies in receptions.

Third in the league in YAC (yards after catch).

DaeDae: HE SUX DERPITY DERP!

Per Zod, it's Hammerin Cameron back for another round. 

What's funny is he had a post a little while back where he admitted he hadn't been a football fan long and he didn't really know much about the game.

Wasn't like we couldn't already see that, of course. 

9 minutes ago, I'm the Mike said:

Who is going to most likely be available in the off-season to come in as a HC or OC?

HC: Frank Reich, Jim Bob Cooter or perhaps Steve Wilks. 

OC: Hue Jackson could be an option if the Browns dump him. Maybe Ken Zampese gets another shot, but I think he's more QB coach than coordinator. 

All that said, I'm not really expecting any changes. 

5 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

HC: Frank Reich, Jim Bob Cooter or perhaps Steve Wilks. 

OC: Hue Jackson could be an option if the Browns dump him. Maybe Ken Zampese gets another shot, but I think he's more QB coach than coordinator. 

All that said, I'm not really expecting any changes. 

Personally I've liked what Wilks has done. IF we promote from within, I would be very happy with him at the helm. Jim Bob Cooter, in addition to his name, would be intriguing to take our team from a "defense first" identity to an "offense first." 2015 was very exciting because of the explosive offense. Obviously, we would all like to mimic that ability to drop a 50 bomb and rolling through the season to a comfortable playoff berth.

22 hours ago, bigjohn said:

I haven't been on the "Fire Rivera" train. But if he can't make a change at OC, welp....

Rivera has a great defensive mind but when he says he likes what the offense is doing he is freaking blind.

I like you, says he will live and die with Shula.  It is time to put the final nail in this coffin and move on.

I hope we find a decent GM with a good mind on how to utilize Cam and the offense.  We have the offensive talent.

I know Gettleman was the reason we lost Smitty but partially because his final 3 years with us was because his production went down but once he went to Baltimore his numbers went back up.   Clear as day that Shula has no idea on how to utilize the talent he has on his team.  

Look at our runs.. It is the same damn play over and over as if he is going to fool a team.  It is freaking sad.  So sad.

On 10/22/2017 at 12:45 PM, Castavar said:

According to Rivera, it's all on the players. When is that last fuggin time this coaching staff (sans Wilks) actually took responsibility for their sh*t coaching?

Our beat reporters are trash. They should be bringing up the sh*t coaching every week.

Agreed. I can’t remember the last time he said the coaches poo the bed and were out coached. Every single time it’s because the players didn’t execute some mythically flawless gameplan set out by the coaches. 

If your gameplan is such a Swiss fuging watch then why does it fail so miserably so often? Why do we lead games by three fuging scores and then barely squeak out victories?

I mean honestly, has there ever once since Ron has been here been a lead you have been comfortable with? If it was literally 42-7 at halftime and I spent the second half doing yard work I would not be the least bit surprised to see we won (or lost) 45-42 at the end of the game. 

The guy lost me when he benched Cam for the tie BS and he has done nothing to warrant any trust since. 

Archived