• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Once again, it is the offensive coaching staff.

Jeremy Igo

5 hours ago, a girl is no one said:

From our fearless leader...

Seriously. Screw this coaching staff.

5 hours ago, KillerKat said:

Rivera can go fug himself. I think he's lost the team by constantly throwing them under the bus and never taking any responsibility. 

Did he really say this?   Un freaking believable how pompous this douche bag is!!!!   Your play calling, clock management, everything a coach is in charge of SUCKS!!!!  And you wanna talk about bad execution?

7 hours ago, Camvp said:

And if Newton finishes with more INTs than TDs on the season, will the staff take the blame for that too?

Would you prefer to keep the staff we have and get rid of Cam?

At some point you have to change something, changing coaches seems easier then finding a franchise QB.  

If you bring in a proven offensive type coach you might get a more accurate evaluation of Cam.

4 minutes ago, AU-panther said:

At some point you have to change something, changing coaches seems easier then finding a franchise QB.  

If you bring in a proven offensive type coach you might get a more accurate evaluation of Cam.

Interesting point.

If you can't properly evaluate Cam, then how can you effectively coach him? 

17 minutes ago, AU-panther said:

There is no point in getting rid of Cam as he is a franchise QB, given his career returns about a middle the of pack, probably the 10th-15th or so best starter at the position in the league.  Capable any week of playing like a top 3 QB, or a bottom 3 QB.  7 years in, he is what he is, at least with this current staff.

The question is though, should the Panthers, who have a top 10 defense, and at least some talent on offense including a franchise QB, be almost leading the league in giveaways?  Tied with the Browns for LAST IN THE NFL for turnover differential?  Be bottom third in the league in scoring average?  

1st round WR, 2nd round WR, 2nd round WR, 1st round "RB", 1st round RB, 2nd round C, pro bowl guard, pro bowl guard, 1st overall QB.  Don't tell me the talent isn't there.

3 minutes ago, fjblair said:

It's so convenient to trash the coaching, but it's mostly Cam Newton. You get good Cam or bad Cam, and that determines how the game is going to play out.  He always gives it all he's got, but sometimes he's just out of sync.

Bad Cam marched the team down the field into scoring position, he pitched the ball to a RB who dropped it on an option play. This elementary crap dude they teach in high school, a simple, easy option-pitch play.  RB just dropped the ball on perhaps the most routine and mundane play in football other than a handoff. It literally doesn't get easier than that for an offense. That is considered a "safe" play, which is why so many teams at the high school level run the option or variations of it.

Bad Cam marched the team down the field and hit WR right in the numbers. Instead of catching with his hands, WR tried to catch it with his body. Again, this is crap players get taught in high school.  Watch the Patriots run this play. Always catch with their hands because it doesn't allow to defender to leverage you.

That's a 20 point swing on first 4 possessions.  Two scoring opportunities on four possessions = -20 points on ROUTINE PLAYS.

29 minutes ago, Teach_Panther said:

Bad Cam marched the team down the field into scoring position, he pitched the ball to a RB who dropped it on an option play. This elementary crap dude they teach in high school, a simple, easy option-pitch play.  RB just dropped the ball on perhaps the most routine and mundane play in football other than a handoff. It literally doesn't get easier than that for an offense. That is considered a "safe" play, which is why so many teams at the high school level run the option or variations of it.

Bad Cam marched the team down the field and hit WR right in the numbers. Instead of catching with his hands, WR tried to catch it with his body. Again, this is crap players get taught in high school.  Watch the Patriots run this play. Always catch with their hands because it doesn't allow to defender to leverage you.

That's a 20 point swing on first 4 possessions.  Two scoring opportunities on four possessions = -20 points on ROUTINE PLAYS.

This man gets it

4 minutes ago, Byrdman4real said:

This man gets it

Like I said, it is the little things.  But I can't even blame the players. Samuel shaded too far to the sideline which resulted in a ridiculously long pitch (coaching).  As big of a disaster as this play was, Cam is supposed to drop behind the RB for exactly just this type of scenario so he can be there as a defender. Instead we see him running out of left field for the tackle (coaching).

The quick slant would have been PI if the coaches just teach 5 to 6 yard cut. The route developed too early and Benjamin basically got mauled (which is what the DB should do in that scenario).

It's just little things like that that tell me this that tell me these guys are not being coached up. They run half-ass plays with shoddy execution.

2 minutes ago, Teach_Panther said:

Like I said, it is the little things.  But I can't even blame the players. Samuel shaded too far to the sideline which resulted in a ridiculously long pitch (coaching).  As big of a disaster as this play was, Cam is supposed to drop behind the RB for exactly just this type of scenario so he can be there as a defender. Instead we see him running out of left field for the tackle (coaching).

The quick slant would have been PI if the coaches just teach 5 to 6 yard cut. The route developed too early and Benjamin basically got mauled (which is what the DB should do in that scenario).

It's just little things like that that tell me this that tell me these guys are not being coached up. They run half-ass plays with shoddy execution.

Exactly, and great to hear someone say exactly what I see also. I have been coached a while back by bad and good coaches, and the good ones teach the little fundamentals that really matters.  It turns bad played into good plays and can make little gains into big gains. The panthers are so badly coached players not developing.

It's quite simple:

SOMETHING needs to change. 'Cause if you're following a specific plan.... it ain't working.

I don't care if it's the players or the coaches or the fabric softener used to clean the jerseys -- whatever you're doing TODAY isn't cutting it.  

Bah.   (onward to next week)

You can really boil out down to this: if the check marks are there (speed, talent, etc.) and the players aren't playing to their strengths, the fault lies with the coaching staff. You play like you practice, correct? KB has never had crisp routes. Funchess still has a hard time using his body to make plays, although he runs the best routes outside of Shep. Curtis Samuel isn't even used in the slot like we drafted him for. Manhertz is trash, 'nuff said there. Why haven't we signed a TE yet? Coaching staff. Why isn't anybody getting in Shula's ear (i.e. RR and co.)? Coaching staff. 

20 hours ago, Hoenheim said:

this is a good point. The coaching has been horrid but so has the player execution. 

Execution has been poor bc play design and play calling are putrid. You CMC running between tackles when stew is the best at getting yards after contact. No since of urgency should have been in no huddle down by 14pts since 2nd qtr. Whatever halftime talk he gave it made things worst. How can yoy succeed if you are doom from the start bc your OC is just dumb and coach is even dumber when it comes to the offensive side of the ball.

17 hours ago, raleigh-panther said:

Be careful. You will upset the fan club

I think he is tired. Because he did alot of running and scrambling, not to mention he is getting hit...also he hurt his ankle i believe in the game..And Cam is not a small guy...so yes it takes time...but really2nd half the OC should have changed the pace after seeing a big play being wasted bc people were showboating and walking to the line of scrimmage..we were behind whole 2nd have and no no huddle?

Archived