• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Luke officially out with concussion as reason

Jeremy Igo

I love Luke, who doesn't 

but it is time to draft  a first or second round  MLB as insurance and let that player learn from the best   

Concussions are no joke and we simply cannot rely on David Mayo to be the answer and sadly in this collision sport we cannot rely on Luke being out there

we aren't talking about a hamstring here.  

Given the age of the Dline and linebackers plus this injury with Luke, there is going to need to be a defensive overhaul in the offseason 

BTW, pick up  the Bears TE if you play FF,  with Mayo in there he will most likely have a field day 

We must have some kind of curse getting excellent players and lose them then end up struggling for few years to get back to where we should be. Getting players that become stars are a rare commodity in NFL. When we draft players we tend to get diamonds in the rough players that turn out to be stars but some players in draft our fans hope to get other teams claim them and look how they turn out. They become stars fresh off the bench and make a damaging impact tearing opponents up on the field. It seems we at times aren't destined to be a good team and win games.

1 hour ago, raleigh-panther said:

I love Luke, who doesn't 

but it is time to draft  a first or second round  MLB as insurance and let that player learn from the best   

Concussions are no joke and we simply cannot rely on David Mayo to be the answer and sadly in this collision sport we cannot rely on Luke being out there

we aren't talking about a hamstring here.  

Given the age of the Dline and linebackers plus this injury with Luke, there is going to need to be a defensive overhaul in the offseason 

BTW, pick up  the Bears TE if you play FF,  with Mayo in there he will most likely have a field day 

We have a starting caliber MLB. I think it's why Mayo has been kept. 

2 hours ago, Snake said:

We have a starting caliber MLB. I think it's why Mayo has been kept. 

Lord no Snake. I wish we did 

he is the poor man’s Klein

i have nothing against him at all but in the world of pro linebackers.  Luke -is exceptional  Klein is Average.  Mayo, nope 

have to do more than cover the run 

3 minutes ago, KillerKat said:

Know what? That it swells the brain? It was mentioned in numerous articles that explained why he was wearing it.

that it didn't help. Without it it might have been worst. I don't know but I'm not going to assume one way or the other.

Just now, wud35 said:

that it didn't help. Without it it might have been worst. I don't know but I'm not going to assume one way or the other.

So does 2 minor ones = 1 big one? How many more minor ones until it's serious? I think all types should be cause for concern.

I’m no doctor (just like 99% of you...except @thebigcat) but I do know that players with concussions are typically not allowed to fly with the team to away games.

Again, the fact that doctors have given Luke the green light to board the team plane tells me he is farther along in recovery than many of you folks are insinuating. He isn’t broken, and it magically isn’t time for him to call it a career. 

R-E-L-A-X.

2173D622-D905-410F-8C50-00C34E63C212.thumb.jpeg.d61578ffb2215cf77fdd9a786d120d02.jpeg

Archived