• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Luke officially out with concussion as reason

Jeremy Igo

3 hours ago, RoaringRiot said:

So 3 is the magic number? 

Dan Morgan retired after 5 confirmed concussions - I think he actually had some other injuries which contributed but as I remember,  the concussions  were the most serious and most likely the cause of his retirement.  Remember his oxygen pod and all the other stuff he did to try to stay healthy?

3 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

Related note: There was already a narrative that the team is more careful and protective of Kuechly than Newton.

Fair? Don't know, but it won't shock me if this brings that topic up again.

Not sure that's fair, Cam has had just the one concussion hasn't he and went through the normal protocol? I will say though while it's been obvious for numerous offseasons Cam needs to be protected better in the pocket (due to various injuries) with an upgraded line the necessary steps have yet to be taken.

So this is 2 concussions in 7 games for Luke with an extended period off the field between them. The Panthers and it's fans need to seriously consider football post Luke at MLB. 

Like I've said the day of the latest concussion, Life after football>Football.

One thing, I thought there was one play a bit earlier in the game where Luke went into a tackle leading with his helmet and I thought it was a nastier impact than the Olineman hit. Anyone remember that?

Just now, Kevin Greene said:

So this is 2 concussions in 7 games for Luke with an extended period off the field between them. The Panthers and it's fans need to seriously consider football post Luke at MLB. 

Like I've said the day of the latest concussion, Life after football>Football.

So that stupid neck collar can be thrown in garbage can. I think it migh have actually amplified the concussion symptoms.

10 hours ago, RoaringRiot said:

So 3 is the magic number? 

I'm not a doctor or neurosurgeon, so I don't know. But it really seems like he's getting concussions way too easy now. Obvious his brain is not as immune to injury as it was when he came into the league. That's some scary stuff. His brain is more susceptible to injury now. His brain is injured. The thing that makes you who you are. 

Archived