• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Luke officially out with concussion as reason

Jeremy Igo

3 minutes ago, RoaringRiot said:

So 3 is the magic number? 

Three is enough to make it scary. 

The ultimate decision on all of this can only be left up to Luke and his doctors, of course. But yeah, the phrase "third concussion" is enough to make anybody stop and say "whoa"

1 minute ago, uncfan888 said:

I'm sure you don't think so cuz you're a negative Nancy, but yes we can. 

I’m the one that said we would beat the Patriots. One of the only ones actually. Just like I didn’t think the Patriots were that good, I don’t think the Bears are that bad. We should win this game, but it’s not a gimme even at full strength. 

13 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Three is enough to make it scary. 

The ultimate decision on all of this can only be left up to Luke and his doctors, of course. But yeah, the phrase "third concussion" is enough to make anybody stop and say "whoa"

The problem is there is no science to support that. Ask my mom and she'll tell you one is enough gh to be scary. We should stop trying to make decisions for Luke based on our own frame of references 

1 hour ago, xav8tor said:

I've explained this multiple times in numerous threads. For the last time, I hope, there is zero credible evidence that he didn't have a concussion. There is substantial evidence that he could have had one. There is a plethora of evidence that a concussion could not be ruled out (critical viewpoint in medical diagnosis). It is irrefutable that he is in the CONCUSSION protocol. End of the fuggin story, except it's not, and no one, at this point knows how it will play, or won't play, out.

Except the credible evidence was from the Panthers medical staff and coaches that he didn't have a concussion...if sideline and stadium medical teams aren't credible then the NFL needs to revise its policy

3 hours ago, The Lobo said:

I’ve noticed Shaq plays better when he is playing TDs role, I wonder if we could just have TD be  Keek and Shaq be TD haha.

I would be happier with this than with Mayo taking Luke's role.  Mayo is a great ST player but not a backup LB.  He is no where near AJ in terms of talent, and AJ is no where near Luke. It's a much larger drop off than in years past.  

5 hours ago, shulasmyhero said:

Granted, it's nearly a certainty at this point he had a concussion.  But honestly, since he's still in the protocol what other reason would they list him out for? 

Either way, seems obvious that if this is in fact his third concussion, it is less severe than the previous two known concussions. 

Because it's less severe, I wonder if that neck brace pressing on his jugular worked.

5 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

Except the credible evidence was from the Panthers medical staff and coaches that he didn't have a concussion...if sideline and stadium medical teams aren't credible then the NFL needs to revise its policy

We never heard a peep from medical staff, nor should we. As for the coaches and their public statements on player condition, credible cannot be used in a sentence unless a "not" precedes it.

PS...Luke, more likely than not, had a concussion, as defined by the protocol.

14 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

I haven't seen this. Where did you get that info brother?

Archived