• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Luke officially out with concussion as reason

Jeremy Igo

So let's see if I have the timeline right...Gets hurt...gets put in the concussion protocol....doesn't have a concussion....still hurt....limited practice yesterday....practiced today....officially out for the game Sunday....will see independent doctors Monday....Ron Rivera doesn't have a clue what's going on because he doesn't consult with doctors ever

I'm no expert...obviously...but the sequence of events seems to be a little off from what SHOULD happen.  If he is going to see independent doctors on Monday then why is he even walking out to practice let alone participating at any degree...still confused

1 hour ago, thomas96 said:

Honestly not a huge deal, I think we can beat the Bears without him. Need him later this year. I really do wish though that he never had a concussion like was reported last Sunday, but the fact that this one is taking much quicker to get over from than last year, is honestly a very good sign for his outlook. If his head was really f*cked up, the one this year would probably be more like Oher's and he'd be out indefinitely, or at least longer than he was out last year.

but long term it is becoming a huge deal...time waits for no man

Wait wait wait wait... I thought the team said he never had a concussion to begin with, but now he wont play because he has a concussion?!?!  What the hell is going on in Charlotte?  How are NFL teams not required to be upfront and honest about concussion related injuries is beyond me.  Get well Luke!

7 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

So let's see if I have the timeline right...Gets hurt...gets put in the concussion protocol....doesn't have a concussion....still hurt....limited practice yesterday....practiced today....officially out for the game Sunday....will see independent doctors Monday....Ron Rivera doesn't have a clue what's going on because he doesn't consult with doctors ever

I'm no expert...obviously...but the sequence of events seems to be a little off from what SHOULD happen.  If he is going to see independent doctors on Monday then why is he even walking out to practice let alone participating at any degree...still confused

I agree that the sequence of events doesn't logically follow. I believe the NFL has deliberately tried to downplay and discourage any specifics coming out about players "In the protocol". You can guess why.

59 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

I'm not really convinced that this game is as easy a win as some folks think it might be. 

I could be wrong about that. We'll see.

I don't think it will necessarily be an easy win, but our problem won't be with their offense.

1 minute ago, mjligon said:

That’s really jumping the gun a bit don’t you think?

How many concussions has Luke had? I don't think I am. I mean it sucks and we are getting hit by massive injuries as a team but with his past and not clearing with more than a week's time it's not looking good. 

1 minute ago, Snake said:

How many concussions has Luke had? I don't think I am. I mean it sucks and we are getting hit by massive injuries as a team but with his past and not clearing with more than a week's time it's not looking good. 

We didn’t give him an opportunity to get “cleared”.

He meets with the doctor Monday.

If he’s out next week, yeah I’ll join you in the panic...but given what we know and what he was able to do this week, I’m not concerned at the moment.

Archived