• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Luke officially out with concussion as reason

Jeremy Igo

4 minutes ago, Zaximus said:

It sucks but we all seen this coming.    It probably won't be just a week, hope I'm wrong though.    I really hope Mayo stands out, because it may be time to start getting a bit worried.

The fact that he's already been practicing along with TD and Wilks' comments makes it seem extremely likely he'll be back next week.

3 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

I'm not really convinced that this game is as easy a win as some folks think it might be. 

I could be wrong about that. We'll see.

Neither do I. The Bears are going to pound the rock on a wet field. I can’t think of a better recipe for getting a linebacker hurt. I bet that figured in as well

Granted, it's nearly a certainty at this point he had a concussion.  But honestly, since he's still in the protocol what other reason would they list him out for? 

Either way, seems obvious that if this is in fact his third concussion, it is less severe than the previous two known concussions. 

Makes sense to hold him out this week, given his history with concussions. You really have to be concerned longer-term about Luke, the person, not the football player. How many more concussions could/should he take? With his ferocious playing style, his next one is just a matter of time.

28 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

I'm not really convinced that this game is as easy a win as some folks think it might be. 

I could be wrong about that. We'll see.

John Fox plays an aggravating "slow the game down" ball control offense, that keeps them in games where they are out matched.   I remember talking about it and why its a double edged sword too when he was our coach, basically it can keep you in games you have no buisness being in, and it will also keep the other team in games that they have no buisness being in if youre clearly the better team. Its why we rarely had blowouts one way or another while he was here, also why we won or lost a bunch of games by a single score. if our defense can force a bunch of 3 and outs early and we can get up 2 scores this game is over, Fox cannot play from 2 scores down in "his slow the game" system.

Archived