• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Throwing This Out There... Samuel as A RB

beastson

One thing I will say about CMC vs Stew is a LB has to account for CMC running a route. It's pretty much clear when Stew in, we're running him or he's pass blocking. Defenses don't look at Stew as a catching threat and after yesterday, they will continue to not look at him as one. It makes defenses read what we're going to do a little more easier

Should we start running Samuel back there? Is he too injury-prone? Maybe Kalil coming back will better the running game, but as of right now we better start doing more of what we did in 2015. More triple option and misdirection to cause defenses to "think" of instead of "react" to this traditional running style we got going on. I feel like using Samuel and CMC out the backfield running and passing can definitely cause problems for LB's. It would be really helpful to get him going.

1 minute ago, beastson said:

One thing I will say about CMC vs Stew is a LB has to account for CMC running a route. It's pretty much clear when Stew in, we're running him or he's pass blocking. Defenses don't look at Stew as a catching threat and after yesterday, they will continue to not look at him as one. It makes defenses read what we're going to do a little more easier

Should we start running Samuel back there? Is he too injury-prone? Maybe Kalil coming back will better the running game, but as of right now we better start doing more of what we did in 2015. More triple option and misdirection to cause defenses to "think" of instead of "react" to this traditional running style we got going on. I feel like using Samuel and CMC out the backfield running and passing can definitely cause problems for LB's. It would be really helpful to get him going.

CAMERON ARTIS PAYNE

He is an actual RB that is proven in NFL that can get yards

3 minutes ago, Cracka McNasty said:

No one is going to be good at running the ball the way the O-Line has been run blacking. 

Barry Sanders would look pedestrian behind in this scheme with this O-line. 

Not really J-Stew was slow to hit the holes, if we had CAP out there he would have gotten positive yardage with the cutbacks.

Archived