• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

CMC

Jeremy Igo

9 hours ago, SeoulPanther said:

I won't deny that CMC adds a new dimension to our offense. I won't deny that his stats have been good. I won't deny that he 'could' develop as a runner. Or that we can use him better. But 8th overall?

It's easy to drop a stat like top receiver so far. But as a saints thread about this thread reasonably argues do his numbers impress when compared to a mid-round pick like Kamara? Its still a small sample size.

http://saintsreport.com/forums/f2/panthers-fans-spinning-facts-about-mccaffrey-373732/#.Wd7wzY-Cy1s

Cmac
34 carries for 96 yards (2.8 ypc) 0 Td
27 receptions for 237 yards (8.8 ypr) 1 TD

Kamara
15 carries for 83 yards (5.5 ypc) 1 TD
20 receptions for 147 yards (7.4 ypr) 1 TD

I'm not ready to declare him as a transformative impacting player just yet. Admittedly it is too early to say that about anyone and I appreciate other fans enthusiasm for him. The only thing I would say is that most of the other guys I wanted instead of him have done very little also and even with the benefit of hindsight I can't think of many players I would have chosen instead. 

But for me the jury is still out on whether he was worth the 8th pick. 

Stats only suggest how he contributes with the ball in his hands. Anyone watching the game knows he impacts the game without the ball in his hands. And once teams start to key on other players, his numbers will rise, I have not doubt.

16 hours ago, iamhubby1 said:

Now that Cam is back healthy, and happy. Teams will no longer get away with stacking the box. And that was the main reason we were having trouble running the ball. Teams were stopping the run, and daring Cam to beat them. They can no longer do so.

That said. If teams back off respecting Cam, and we still struggle to run the ball. Then, I will be worried. But until then, I am not going to worry about not being able to run the ball against team geared up to stop it.

This. I don't know why some just can't understand this.

5 games into his rookie year, playing with a QB who he didn't practice with all offseason, playing with a backup Center, and only being handed the ball 5-6 times per game aren't going to produce massive rushing stats....just aren't.

However, he has impacted our offense more than most are going to realize outside of Panther fans.

fwiw

"Christian McCaffrey's 101-yard receiving game against the Saints stands out as his "breakout performance" candidate thus far, though I would argue that the Panthers haven't tapped into more than 10 percent of his potential. McCaffrey's rushing opportunities have declined almost every week, from a high of 13 in Week 1 to three against the Lions last week. It would seem that facing the league's No. 2 rushing defense would not be the time to expand McCaffrey's role, but at some point the Panthers are going to have to establish a non-Newton based rushing threat (the Panthers are 19th in rushing) on a consistent basis. Jonathan Stewart's 3.3 yards per carry might not do it."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000860143/article/what-to-watch-for-in-eaglespanthers-on-tnf

2 minutes ago, Cary Kollins said:

fwiw

"Christian McCaffrey's 101-yard receiving game against the Saints stands out as his "breakout performance" candidate thus far, though I would argue that the Panthers haven't tapped into more than 10 percent of his potential. McCaffrey's rushing opportunities have declined almost every week, from a high of 13 in Week 1 to three against the Lions last week. It would seem that facing the league's No. 2 rushing defense would not be the time to expand McCaffrey's role, but at some point the Panthers are going to have to establish a non-Newton based rushing threat (the Panthers are 19th in rushing) on a consistent basis. Jonathan Stewart's 3.3 yards per carry might not do it."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000860143/article/what-to-watch-for-in-eaglespanthers-on-tnf

Jstew got 1 ypc the last game and they barely tried to use mccaffrey . It just difficult to Invision them giving him a respectable amount of carries going forward , considering how they've used him so far. 

Archived