• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

CMC

Jeremy Igo

13 minutes ago, tiger7_88 said:

Actually, no.  They can substitute anytime they want.  The no-huddle, however, can catch them making that change or catch them with extra players.

I've seen teams substitute on defense against the no-huddle before.  It ain't easy and it has to be done quick as hell (it has to be prepped and lined up and ready to go on the sideline), but it can be done if the offense isn't immediately ready to take advantage of it.

One of Aaron Rodgers’ strengths is identifying those subs and catching them off guard. 

7 hours ago, Casto said:

Real answer?

We all evolved from the African plains where survival and being as nimble as possible was key. This resulted in smaller torsos and longer limbs.

Europeans later evolved for more power based structure with a larger torso.

This differences anatomically now are miniscule but those preconceived notions of a better African athlete do hold some historical merit. 

Yo what about us Asians?

I think CMC would really take advantage of a lead blocker on the inside run game. He doesn't have the strength to create a hole where there isn't one. We aren't winning the edge on cut backs. He needs space to run inside and lately there hasn't been any. Maybe with the passing game picking up he will get more room out of a single set. 

7 hours ago, Casto said:

Real answer?

We all evolved from the African plains where survival and being as nimble as possible was key. This resulted in smaller torsos and longer limbs.

Europeans later evolved for more power based structure with a larger torso.

This differences anatomically now are miniscule but those preconceived notions of a better African athlete do hold some historical merit. 

No. Even the best of human athletes are pathetic compared to most of the animal kingdom. Differences in physical builds between ethnic groups is likely more due to climate than anything else. The colder the climate, the stockier the build for the most part. Stockier builds are more efficient at retaining heat, leaner builds are more efficient at shedding heat.

Hes currently projected to finish with 307 rush yards and 86 receptions for 758 receiving yards . Kinda odd stats , if I were just blindly looking at that without knowing who the player was I'd be like, why is there  a receiver with 300 rush yards? lol. Thats really what hes been for most part, he always gets his catches in but he has games where he only gets 3 , 4 , or 6 carries . 

3 hours ago, iamhubby1 said:

Now that Cam is back healthy, and happy. Teams will no longer get away with stacking the box. And that was the main reason we were having trouble running the ball. Teams were stopping the run, and daring Cam to beat them. They can no longer do so.

That said. If teams back off respecting Cam, and we still struggle to run the ball. Then, I will be worried. But until then, I am not going to worry about not being able to run the ball against team geared up to stop it.

I get what you're saying, but I'm talking right now, even in our recent game when Cam was slinging it our run game was still iffy. Let's just be honest here, if not for a fantastic throw and catch from Cam to KB for the game winning first down, our lack of run game might have very well lost us the game in Detriot. We need improvement pronto. That's all there is to it.

25 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

No. Even the best of human athletes are pathetic compared to most of the animal kingdom. Differences in physical builds between ethnic groups is likely more due to climate than anything else. The colder the climate, the stockier the build for the most part. Stockier builds are more efficient at retaining heat, leaner builds are more efficient at shedding heat.

I mean, I never once referenced our relation to animals? Not sure, from where that came.
I would suspect there are more than an infinite many variables determining a species development. An evolved trait doesn't even need to be a better trait. Just a dominant remainder in the reproduction pool. I don't think we are disagreeing here.

12 minutes ago, Casto said:

I mean, I never once referenced our relation to animals? Not sure, from where that came.
I would suspect there are more than an infinite many variables determining a species development. An evolved trait doesn't even need to be a better trait. Just a dominant remainder in the reproduction pool. I don't think we are disagreeing here.

Why would people evolving in the Africa region require greater athleticism like you were saying earlier? It's not like any people are capable of chasing down impala or out-running a lion. Europeans evolving for greater strength? What are they gonna do, out-wrestle a bear?

49 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Why would people evolving in the Africa region require greater athleticism like you were saying earlier? It's not like any people are capable of chasing down impala or out-running a lion. Europeans evolving for greater strength? What are they gonna do, out-wrestle a bear?

In response to that, I will reference animals.
The theory is during our earliest evolvement (Africa), we spent more time running around and surviving (think of herds following a water source / avoiding prey) than we did doing anything else. This would potentially lead to a more nimble / fast specimen.

The Europeans refence is simply a note to a greater society that has slowed down to a consistant hunter / gather state. A speciman might do better with a stronger torso in these situations.

Make sense?

5 minutes ago, Casto said:

In response to that, I will reference animals.
The theory is during our earliest evolvement (Africa), we spent more time running around and surviving (think of herds following a water source / avoiding prey) than we did doing anything else. This would potentially lead to a more nimble / fast specimen.

The Europeans refence is simply a note to a greater society that has slowed down to a consistant hunter / gather state. A speciman might do better with a stronger torso in these situations.

Make sense?

No, hence my original response.

Archived