• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

My biggest concern facing the Eagles...

Jeremy Igo

4 minutes ago, MCCNASTY said:

Im guessing that doesnt apply to Thursdays.

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/2011/college-games-sunday/

on any Friday after [6 p.m.] or on any Saturday during the period beginning on the second Friday in September and ending on the second Saturday in December.” In other words, the NFL could not televise games if they competed directly against college football. The NFL and AFL readily agreed to this restriction, as they already restricted their schedules to Sunday afternoons.

The Friday-Saturday restriction was the direct result of lobbying from the NCAA. A House committee noted in its report on the SBA, “[NCAA representatives] are convinced that uncontrolled televising of professional football games could be ruinous to what is known as in-person attendance at college games. It is their position that professional football should not be granted exemption from the antitrust laws for package television contracts at the expense of intercollegiate football.

14 minutes ago, jfra78 said:

I know its wrong to quote myself but this link is a really good read.  I knew their was some kind of deal between ncaa and nfl, i didnt know it was law.  Also knew nfl didnt play on friday because of HS football, but again didnt know it was law.  I didnt know MNF was a direct result of this law.  Its funny that the nfl is regulated but not ncaa, they can play anytime they want to.

Archived