• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

My biggest concern facing the Eagles...

Jeremy Igo

2 hours ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Have you seen the first quarter points comparison between the two teams? 

You may not want to. 

1st Q...Point scored  Philly 8.2,  Carolina 3.8   Points given up - Philly 0.6   Carolina 2.6....so net, philly 7.6, Carolina 1.2.

Suprising to me Eagles are also better in 4th Q, net  Philly -1.6, Carolina  -5.6    ....  

Just now, EaglesRule said:

1st Q...Point scored  Philly 8.2,  Carolina 3.8   Points given up - Philly 0.6   Carolina 2.6....so net, philly 7.6, Carolina 1.2.

Suprising to me Eagles are also better in 4th Q, net  Philly -1.6, Carolina  -5.6    ....  

Of course this and $3 will get you a small coffee at Starbucks.

10 minutes ago, SCO96 said:

My biggest concern is FATIGUE. The Detroit game wasn't a cake walk. Now, they've got to suit up tomorrow and play a 4-1 Eagle team.

I'm not a fan of Thursday night football. It's ok to start the season on that day. Of course Thanksgiving football is a tradition. Outside of those occasions, I think the NFL is oversaturating the market and putting the players at risk.

If the NFL insists that Thursday night ball is a must have, then shouldn't they at least try to schedule games so most of the time the teams that play are coming off of a bye their week?

yea it seems that Thursday football is a wildcard as often as not.   I wish they would move it to Saturday night...scheduling would be so much fairer.

14 minutes ago, EaglesRule said:

yea it seems that Thursday football is a wildcard as often as not.   I wish they would move it to Saturday night...scheduling would be so much fairer.

NFL cant compete with prime time college games these days.  Dont see Saturday games ever outside of preseason.

On a related note, Eagles OC (and first Panthers starting quarterback) Frank Reich is a guy I'd have loved to have seen be a head coach candidate here.

With Gettleman in charge, there was a legitimate chance of that. Gettleman and Reich would have known each other from Gettleman's days with the Bills.

These days, I have no illusions that either Ron Rivera or Marty Hurney are going anywhere.

55 minutes ago, EaglesRule said:

They can't do Saturdays due to a law preventing an NFL games from being televised on a Saturday in any location within like 500 miles of a college football game. They do play them on Saturdays after the college football regular season is over. Same rule applies on Fridays with High School football but Fridays are a TV ratings dead zone anyway so that would never happen anyway.

1 hour ago, EaglesRule said:

I wish they'd move it to Sunday afternoon.

I'm not a fan of Thursday night football. Pretty sure the majority of players feel the same.

Archived