• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Frustrating play call

Jeremy Igo

3 minutes ago, OriginalPantherDan said:

I wonder if Funchess was supposed to drag across with a little less depth, carrying the underneath coverage with him. Doubt it would’ve worked anyway, but maybe that was the plan? 

If anything I would think KB should have gone a bit deeper into the corner. Funchess basically toed the goal line and it was 3rd and goal so that's pretty good awareness, similar to running routes to the sticks.

It was just a bad play call, that's a play call for when you have more space, doing it in the end zone clogs it all up.

9 minutes ago, mjligon said:

Also the 55 yard field goal doesn’t bother me at all.

It was poorly executed and rushed...that’s frustrating...not going for points.

There was maybe a 1 in 10 chance that Gano hits that field goal.  Probably not even that.  We had a better shot at making the first down than we did of Gano making that field goal.  Actually, there was a better chance of it being blocked than making it.  We gave them the ball at the 40 or so, and they scored of course.  

4 minutes ago, Floppin said:

If anything I would think KB should have gone a bit deeper into the corner. Funchess basically toed the goal line and it was 3rd and goal so that's pretty good awareness, similar to running routes to the sticks.

It was just a bad play call, that's a play call for when you have more space, doing it in the end zone clogs it all up.

Another plausible explanation, and yes, bad play call. 

12 minutes ago, Montsta said:

I thought Cam had a great opportunity to scramble and walk into the endzone on the right side of this play.

I was more frustrated by the blatant missed holding call on the Lions TD when they started their comeback. The back judge was literally staring at the lineman hold Addison and Mario was losing his mind over it. 

Was it Mario?  Because I thought I saw a Detroit lineman with hands full of CJ's jersey?

Doesn't matter though... they were holding like MF'ers on that play.

21 minutes ago, Jeremy Igo said:

I know this frustrated you yesterday. 

giphy.gif

Two players drawing 3 defenders to the same spot of the end zone. Middle of the field absolutely empty. 

Awful. 

any chance someone ran the wrong route? Specifically Fun Fun?  Play makes sense if Fun Fun flips his route 

9 minutes ago, Davidson Deac II said:

There was maybe a 1 in 10 chance that Gano hits that field goal.  Probably not even that.  We had a better shot at making the first down than we did of Gano making that field goal.  Actually, there was a better chance of it being blocked than making it.  We gave them the ball at the 40 or so, and they scored of course.  

Gano hadn’t missed a FG up until that point.

In a dome, he has a good shot of making that kick.

I know it’s vogue to hate on Gano, but’s he been pretty lights out so far. 

Nothing wrong with that decision, it’s why you pay your kicker.

15 minutes ago, Davidson Deac II said:

Irrelevant, still could have gotten 5 more yards.  Served absolutely no point whatsoever.  As we went backwards, came close to costing us a safety. At least the throw in theory could have gotten something.  

Take it up with the returner

Archived