• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cam Newton in the last 2 games

Jeremy Igo

3 hours ago, ok2h8pep said:

Cam could do this every week if he's getting "pressured" like today.  Then again, most NFL QB's could too.

Don't get me wrong, I love seeing Cam playing this well but I couldn't help thinking that he was having all day to throw.   He's hell-a accurate when he has time.

The playbook on Cam hasn't changed.   Hit him early and often.   Same as it ever was (and it's true for every NFL QB).

1. Cam is willing to checkdown this year far more than in the past. 

2. The Oline aren't missing as many line call/adjustments as in the first 3 games. 

3. McCaffrey is getting a huge amount of attention from opposing defenses. 

4. Teams aren't running as many A gap blitzes against us because of the McCaffrey flare outs and the amount of motion (possible jet screens/runs) we have been using in our formations.  Add that Cam is still a running threat, it putting tremendous pressure on defenses. 

1 minute ago, Udogg said:

2. The Oline aren't missing as many line call/adjustments as in the first 3 games. 

When the play call comes in with 3 seconds left on the play clock how often do they not even get to make the line calls or adjustments.

Be curious to interview one of these guys after their career is over and see if they would answer this truthfully. We're hard on the OL but they barely have time to do anything at the line.

2 minutes ago, Udogg said:

1. Cam is willing to checkdown this year far more than in the past. 

3. McCaffrey is getting a huge amount of attention from opposing defenses. 

4. Teams aren't running as many A gap blitzes against us because of the McCaffrey flare outs and the amount of motion (possible jet screens/runs) we have been using in our formations.  Add that Cam is still a running threat, it putting tremendous pressure on defenses. 

Let's not forget that we actually have solid receiving depth at almost every position, even JAGs like Shep (I imagine he's gonna get more and more involved though as Cam builds more of a rep with him. He's been solid in the slot) and Fozzy have been elevated because of the improved play of the players above them.

Imagine when/if Greg and Ryan come back. If Shula keeps play calling like he did the last two weeks we're only gonna get better.

4 hours ago, Jeremy Igo said:

671 yards

77% completion percentage 

7 Touchdowns

Find me a more impressive 2 games for any QB this season.

This is the best Panthers QB performance in 2 consecutive games since Steve Beuerlein in 1999.   

Cam had never before had consecutive 300+ yards & 3 TD games.  (He had 2 consecutive 300+ yards his first 2 games as a rookie in 2011.  I had no idea he had not done it again in 2015....)

Wow.

Edit:  Apologies @ichigo1057  I'm late to this thread and I posted this before I'd read the thread and saw you posted the same tweet.  Well done.

3 hours ago, countryboi said:

Honestly Cam looks better in these past 2 games than he did in 2015.

i think he does, too. seems a lot more...i don't know...complete? well-rounded? just seems like more of the complete package than he did a couple years ago.

absolutely not knocking the MVP season, i just think he looks better now than he has at any point in his career.

hopefully it will continue.

5 hours ago, KB_fan said:

This is the best Panthers QB performance in 2 consecutive games since Steve Beuerlein in 1999.   

Cam had never before had consecutive 300+ yards & 3 TD games.  (He had 2 consecutive 300+ yards his first 2 games as a rookie in 2011.  I had no idea he had not done it again in 2015....)

Wow.

Edit:  Apologies @ichigo1057  I'm late to this thread and I posted this before I'd read the thread and saw you posted the same tweet.  Well done.

Lol no problem. I've had that happen before myself. Still an interesting and awesome thing for Cam right now. Hopefully we can extend that into 3 games against the Eagles.

Archived