• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cam Newton in the last 2 games

Jeremy Igo

Cam could do this every week if he's getting "pressured" like today.  Then again, most NFL QB's could too.

Don't get me wrong, I love seeing Cam playing this well but I couldn't help thinking that he was having all day to throw.   He's hell-a accurate when he has time.

The playbook on Cam hasn't changed.   Hit him early and often.   Same as it ever was (and it's true for every NFL QB).

2 hours ago, ichigo1057 said:

An interesting little fact about the last two games as well,

We've been a running team since Ron got here but this is still pretty damn surprising that Cam had never done this before. And surprising that it's only his second time throwing for back to back 300 yard games--only his first two games of his career.

Cam has impressed me so far. Two things I saw this game

1.He took the checkdowns. Its a reason his completion percentage may be up this season. Drafting CMC has really impacted Cam in that regard.

2. He is not forcing it. I saw him take a sack today when he could have forced it downfield during a period when DET was making a comeback. I think it is because he knows when a play is needed, he can make it.

He has shown great maturity so far and is making good decisions. I hope he continues to play this well. Also oline is playing fairly well.

Archived