• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Colin Jones

Jeremy Igo

Jones has always been a liability in coverage, and it is certainly sad that we can easily sign a guy off the street and put that guy ahead of our backup on the depth chart.  Jones is another Tolbert and Teddy williams...a wasted roster spot.  

The only time I hear his name is bc he fuged up on the field, by blowing coverage or chasing a guy leaving him in the dust. I know Rivera loves his “yes men”, but he offers nothing to the team. Not sure how he’s been on the team since 2012.

P.S. I still think he’s slow no matter how many replies I get saying “he may suck, but he’s not slow.” 40 times do not equal being fast on the field.

4 hours ago, Marguide said:

Here's what I don't get; week after week I watch teams place their kickoff close to the goal line, encouraging the returner to bring it out. They almost always stop the return between the 15-20 yard line.

I don't think we have ever even tried this. Gano booms it through the end zone and the opponents get a no risk start at the 25 yard line.

We really are conservative to a fault.

I think we kick it out of the endzone cause our STs suck so bad that the other  team starting at the 25 is better than them returning  it to the 35 or worse yet to the other side of the 50 

I mentioned earlier in the year when they cut Webb And everyone said but he's a ST ace.  

What does being an ace on a terrible unit say for him.

They finally got rid of  2 of our 3 ST " aces" in Webb and teddy  

We need some new blood on STs. Hopefully this is Jones last year. 

If a player has the speed to make sure he can chase down the returner before he scores,  I have absolutely no problem dressing that guy. Even if he never see a non st snap. 

If still think Jones is that guy, but feel free to disagree if you think he has lost a step. 

Anyone who thinks we should kick to the one needs to go back and check our  kick coverage for the last 15 years. I'll take the 25 any day over the near death experience a kick off was under Crossman. 

9 hours ago, KillerKat said:

It's so funny how we keep certain players soley for special teams however our special teams continue to suck every year.

I know this will sound alien to some folks up in here. BUT, the only difference between a good ST unit, and a bad ST unit? The returner.

I know this won't be popular, but, we have only 1 penalty on STs returns this year. My  Zod people. RR coached teams are always one of the least penalized teams. But yeah, ST penalties seem to stick out.

Archived