• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

World Series

HeroesHealers

53 minutes ago, AggieLean said:

Cleveland and Houston will be a good matchup. That Cleveland team is really good, as their winning streak was no fluke. Houston's damn 8th spot hitter leads them in RBI's. They've also got most of their lineup at or around .300. That lineup is stacked.

The NL playoffs will be much more interesting, as the Yankees and Red Sox are clearly overmatched 

I've watched a lot of astros baseball over the years, I've never seen anything like this.  There is absolutely no weakness in our lineup.  Power, average, and low K's up and down the lineup and all do it in the clutch.  Read the players tribune article that Correa wrote and he told a story about Altuve from like May.  Altuve was hitting .308, Correa was hitting .312, and Marwin Gonzalez was hitting .314, he went to them and asked about having a bet on which one of them would get to .320 first and Correa and Marwin both looked at him and told him no way, they knew what kind of guy Altuve was.  The next Day Altuve went out, went 4-4 and finished the day with a .320 BA.

I know there's debate over him and Judge for MVP, but while Judge is all power, Altuve might be the most well rounded player of his generation.  Good defensive player, speed, power, and can hit in any situation.

1 hour ago, HeroesHealers said:

But most of us are baseball fans, too. And there's not much Panthers-related stuff to talk about since the game is still two days away.

Thats always been the rule here. Once the regular season starts the main forum is for panther related discussion only. There's other sub forums for different sports. You don't get to make the rules.

5 hours ago, Carolina Cajun said:

Don't you dare say that!  My spirit will leave my body is jose plays for another team.

Oh yea, HUGE Astros fan here, have been my whole life since watching Biggs and bagwell in the 90's.  I suffered through the worst record in baseball for 3 straight seasons, us Astros fans deserve this!

Since 1979 here.

I started an Astros thread on the old baseball section.  And yes, after the 100 plus loss seasons, we have earned some karma

2 hours ago, Carolina Cajun said:

I've watched a lot of astros baseball over the years, I've never seen anything like this.  There is absolutely no weakness in our lineup.  Power, average, and low K's up and down the lineup and all do it in the clutch.  Read the players tribune article that Correa wrote and he told a story about Altuve from like May.  Altuve was hitting .308, Correa was hitting .312, and Marwin Gonzalez was hitting .314, he went to them and asked about having a bet on which one of them would get to .320 first and Correa and Marwin both looked at him and told him no way, they knew what kind of guy Altuve was.  The next Day Altuve went out, went 4-4 and finished the day with a .320 BA.

I know there's debate over him and Judge for MVP, but while Judge is all power, Altuve might be the most well rounded player of his generation.  Good defensive player, speed, power, and can hit in any situation.

One of my favorite rosters

http://www.baseball-almanac.com/teamstats/roster.php?y=1982&t=HOU

2 hours ago, Floppin said:

Thats always been the rule here. Once the regular season starts the main forum is for panther related discussion only. There's other sub forums for different sports. You don't get to make the rules.

There is a soccer board but no baseball forum

IMG_3646.GIF.768fd64fc2aec650a8483596561e2317.GIF

Archived