• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Thursday Night Football Thread - Panthers relevance

Jeremy Igo

Who to cheer for Panthers fan edition:

1. Panthers

2. Anyone Playing against an NFCS opponent.

2.2 unless for tiebreakers for playoffs reasons that NFCS opponents win would work out better in the Panthers favor.

Example: Panthers and Packers have the same record late in the season. Packers are playing Falcons(not in playoff contention), a win by the Falcons would be better for the Panthers in this scenario.

3. Anyone playing Atlanta and at any time(unless above mentioned scenario is in play). fug the Falcons.

4. Any team where a victory would benefit the Panthers.

5. Anyone playing Atlanta and at any time. fug the Falcons.

Hell yes I can root for the Patriots, for lots of reasons. First, Thursday night games typically aren't very good. This one will be...as long as the Pats win. Divisional opposition losses help us. Plus, there's a certain amount of satisfaction and confidence that comes from knowing that a good team you beat, beat your other opponents, particularly TPA, NO, and of course, 28-3.

It's no secret that I have more than a little admiration for what BB, TB, and co. have achieved, if for no other reason than that I appreciate excellence in almost any form. So, most importantly, I want to see how they adjust after their loss to us, especially since they face a somewhat similar QB tonight. RR, Wilks, and Shula should be able to see some things that might work or probably won't work designed by the evil genius that is Belichick, and then make an appropriate game plan for our upcoming two games v. the Bucs. Yeah, I know, I'm dreamin' on that last one.

Nevertheless, a 50 plus blowout would be tons of fun to watch. Long term, let 'em go undefeated the rest of the year. Then, we get healthy, figure out how to get the offense consistently clicking, the D does their thing, we take the NFC, and ultimately, get the sweetest revenge for 2004 come next February.

Archived