• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Funchess on track for 800 yards and 8 TDs

Jeremy Igo

consider this...

we've currently got 3 receivers over 200 yards... KB, Funchess, CMC

between the three of them, they account for 636 of our 899 total passing yards.

they have been thrown to 75 times out of 119 passing attempts for 52 out of 75 total completions.

this is through 4 games, but only one of those games was with our offense clicking.

the passes have been pretty heavily weighted to CMC and Funchess (29 and 27 respectively) with KB being the only one close, but still 10 behind them.

i'm probably doing this wrong...but from what i can tell, so far those three make up pretty much 70% of the passing offense.

Despite cam and funchess not connecting too well the first few games, i think that they've finally got a well needed chemistry and confidence in that connection so i think they'll be connecting a lot more going forward than they had the first few games.

point of all that is, i think if you just looked at the first four games and used it as a projection, it would be on the lower side because, imo, the best days of our offense are right in front of us. that said, there isn't going to be much difference in the amount of the offense they have been a part of (at least until olsen comes back, and then the 3-way turns into a 4-way and will probably end up accounting for nearly 80% of the passing offense).

olsen's return may end up stymying this, but i think we probably won't have one receiver (WR/TE/CMC) this year over 1k yards, but we could easily end up with 3 over 800 which ain't too shabby. throwing pudding at the wall i'd say that olsen, when he comes back, could end up with another 500.

this isn't a receiving corps that you look at from an individual stats perspective and are impressed by, but when you look at the way cam has been and will be spreading the ball around i think you'll see that we are doing what it takes to win.

and before anyone finishes reading that and comments about how none of that makes sense, i'll make this disclaimer...

after-two-years-on-reddit-and-a-failed-c

Archived