• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Statistical Snapshot - Panthers at Lions

Jeremy Igo

4 hours ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Here is a statistical snapshot for the Carolina Panthers at Detroit Lions game. 

Biggest thing that stood out to me here was the points for and against.

Detroit ranks in the top 10 in both. Panthers and Lions are actually tied for 4th on defense. This could be a sub 20 point game for both teams. 

panthers-lions.jpg

Hell was immediately stands out to me is Carolina is 1st in 3rd down efficiency. Who would have taught that, i didn't realize.

And for Detriot to be labeled a vertical offense with the highest paid player and QB in the league Stafford, we actually right there with them with passing yards.

Spent time yesterday going over there games and I think this is a good match up for us. The lions are paper tigers. They look stellar but both of there lines are weak, they have no run game, and Stafford is erratic like Cam with his throws. With that said there WRs are dangerous and get plenty of YAC and Golden Tate will out match any CB we put on him. They also have one of the best kickers in the league and 58 yards is in range for him. All in all if the Panthers of last week show up we should win. If not and Stafford has time... Oh weee manieee. 

What's the status on Samuel? Seems like dome games would be perfect for our Samuel-CMC combo to breakout and show the speed we drafted them for. 

I know NE has 'turf' but by all accounts it's too soft which seems to be a detractor when trying to play fast. This game should hopefully show us what their 'speed' really means. 

4 hours ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Detroit ranks in the top 10 in both. Panthers and Lions are actually tied for 4th on defense. This could be a sub 20 point game for both teams. 

panthers-lions.jpg

What jumps out at me on offense is the Panther's advantage in 3rd down efficiency (which would translate into a TOP advantage) and the Lion's advantage in PPG (which would translate into better red zone efficiency).

5 hours ago, Jeremy Igo said:

panthers-lions.jpg

here are some things that stand out to me:

1) Our offense, despite its struggles, seems to be better than the Lions', except in the scoring area. and i have a feeling that this past week is more accurately what this offense looks like than the first 3 weeks. 

2) our offense stays on the field more than theirs. dat 3rd down % doe.

3) teams have a hard time moving the ball on us. especially passing (though it may not feel like it). and we have been efficiently getting to opposing quarterbacks. This bodes well for going against a Matthew Stafford-led offense

Either way, i think this will be a great game. here's to hoping the offense does what it did last week.

Archived