• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

McCaffrey - Making things easy for every one else.

Jeremy Igo

2 hours ago, Saca312 said:

Yeah the one thing that ticks me off is how people say Cam should've thrown to Dickson. Clearly a designed play with Dickson as the deep blocker.

It was a screen call, and Cam was looking out to the right. Sad but true, Dickson never had a chance of see the ball.

If you cannot see that? You are not watching/listening, or you have an agenda.

9 minutes ago, KaseKlosed said:

These are the same damn plays we ran without cmc. Scored in the playoffs with Fozzy on same play. Smh y'all some damn cmc homers. Dude ain't even produced as a top RB at all. His decoyness is something we have already had. Smh

Thankfully, Mr. Scott answered for me. AND, he is much nicer than I was going to be. If you must troll. All I ask is you at minimum, think before you you hit send.

2 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Uuuuhhh yeah...I'm pretty sure I've never seen half a defense shift position because Fozzy Whittaker went in motion.

No disrespect to Fozzy but let's be real...

Well, he's correct....though it wasn't in the playoffs. Fozzy scored against the Saints on this exact same play and I believe it was Philly Brown acting as the decoy and the entire defense bit on it.

15 seconds in

2 minutes ago, csx said:

Well, he's correct....though it wasn't in the playoffs. Fozzy scored against the Saints on this exact same play and I believe it was Philly Brown acting as the decoy.

15 seconds in

Does it say anywhere in Zod's post that he thinks we're running different plays?

The point of the discussion was that CMC requires attention from a defense. Whether we're running the same or different plays is kind of irrelevant to that.

Heck, if we're running the same plays but getting a different reaction, it actually strengthens Zod's argument.

1 hour ago, KaseKlosed said:

These are the same damn plays we ran without cmc. Scored in the playoffs with Fozzy on same play. Smh y'all some damn cmc homers. Dude ain't even produced as a top RB at all. His decoyness is something we have already had. Smh

You sound like all the youtube and facebook trolls I see in ever McCaffrey related post and video. I'd like to see how much Kareem Hunt would get rushing if he get 4 carries in game 3 and 6 carries in game 4 and he played on the Panthers with teams absolutely selling out to stop the him/the run. And we also don't have anyone close to Tyreek Hill + Travis Kelce to take attention away from him. And we dont have Andy Reid. 

Question: Anyone have access to play by play stats that not only show the results, but who's on the field? Might be cool to see completions, receiver rates, rushing yards, third conversions, etc., when CMC is on the field (but not the carrier or target) compared with when he's on the sidelines. In other words, numbers for those who must have them to believe what most of us can plainly see.

1 hour ago, xav8tor said:

Question: Anyone have access to play by play stats that not only show the results, but who's on the field? Might be cool to see completions, receiver rates, rushing yards, third conversions, etc., when CMC is on the field (but not the carrier or target) compared with when he's on the sidelines. In other words, numbers for those who must have them to believe what most of us can plainly see.

I haven't played with it much, but Sharp Football is producing some very cool free resources that allow you to key in on the impact of particular players.  I'm hoping to get some time soon to figure out what's available there, but he's posted some very cool stuff on Twitter.

https://www.sharpfootballstats.com/

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/sports/nfl/carolina-panthers/article176809021.html

Looks like you beat the Observer to it...or Jourdan reads the Huddle. She has some good stuff in there.

This doesn’t mean McCaffrey will be used only as a decoy. Carolina is confident his production will come.

“Well, I think (Christian) is another really unselfish guy,” offensive coordinator Mike Shula said this week. “He is a very important part of our offense.

“We didn’t bring him here to be a decoy, either. We brought him here to be an important part of what we do, and also a playmaker. He’s been a playmaker, and made some incredible plays in crucial situations already. Now, numbers-wise, have we seen that yet in regard to lots of yards or lots of touchdowns? No. But within that, he’s been very important to our success.”

For those celebrating the win against the Pats on the road, let me remind you that any win on the road is a big plus.

I don't care who we are playing, any win on the road is big. That it was against the defending champs just makes it that much better.

14 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

Does it say anywhere in Zod's post that he thinks we're running different plays?

The point of the discussion was that CMC requires attention from a defense. Whether we're running the same or different plays is kind of irrelevant to that.

Heck, if we're running the same plays but getting a different reaction, it actually strengthens Zod's argument.

Seems Philly Brown received the same attention on that play and the end results were the same. And philly b just got picked up by an NFL team.

now before everyone pounces I'm not saying CMC is a bust but this whole distraction angle is overblown in my opinion. Players don't get contracts or incentives for being a distraction. I'll be happy when CMC is producing more. this is something I expect to see as the season progresses. He's only played 4 games. 

24 minutes ago, Cat said:

Seems Philly Brown received the same attention on that play and the end results were the same. And philly b just got picked up by an NFL team.

Go look again. In the Saints game, Fozzy was covered by linebacker 57 at the snap and stayed with him on the left side of the field, he was just blocked by the Panthers lineman.

No linebackers from New England worried about Fozzy at all. All of them sold out to cover CMC.  

Archived