• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

McCaffrey - Making things easy for every one else.

Jeremy Igo

28 minutes ago, KB_fan said:

It is SO surreal to be reading this!!

"just the Patriots"   WOW!

It's pretty shocking how bad their defense is at the moment.  Surely didn't expect it.  So yeah, to some extent it does devalue our win and means we can't yet have full confidence in our offensive rebound...

But... Brady, Gronk, Amendola and Cooks were all playing.  Belichick was still coaching.  Not too shabby.  And Brady did mount a 14 point comeback in the 4th to tie the game.  Required Cam & co to lead a game-winning drive late in the 4th managing the need to control the clock with the need to get in FG range...

I don't think we'd had a 4th Qtr game winning drive since 2015.

So, let's not be ashamed about this win!  It was well earned, and I hope that, as Ron has expressed, it will become a real catalyst for future success & confidence this season.

A W in Foxboro against Brady & Belichick is ALWAYS a special thing.

glad you pointed out something that i meant to do, which was put the phrase 'just the patriots' in quotes.

beating the patriots is never any small feat, esp. doing that in foxboro. it' never something to be taken lightly because, at the end of the day, it's still brady managing that offense and belichick coaching that team. the only other team to beat them so far is sitting on top of the league with a 4-0 record. i don't mind being in that company at all.

The pick your poison scenario wasn't working because teams knew Cam wasn't a threat to run and his shoulder limited him as a passer.  But now that he seems to be getting back to being the Cam that teams have to specifically game plan for, it will open things up for everybody.  Up till now, CMC has had almost zero room to run, but with teams now having to put more focus on Cam, he should start seeing some of those creases that will allow him to break out.  And as the dominos fall, that will open things up for everyone else.

The whole idea of pick your poison was based on Cam being healthy enough to force teams to pay attention to him.  But up until this last game he wasn't.  Now that he is, we should begin to see the offense all of us were dreaming about all off season.  And the one good aspect of Olsen being out is that it will force Cam to learn to trust and develop chemistry with other guys (especially CMC and Samuel).  But unlike KB in 2015, Greg will return in time for the playoffs, which will add one more dimension that teams will have to contend with.

Great GIFs!

I will admit that I had one foot over the cliff in regards to Shula last week, but after that the game he called I now have the warm and fuzzies all over again.  Really have to give him a ton of credit... and to do it against BB, its even more impressive.  With Cam healthy and team's really not knowing how to gameplan against CMC, I think we are poised to put quite a run together.

Also, not sure if anyone else saw the post-game locker room speech, but RR was fired up.  I havent watched many of those, so maybe it is the norm, but he seemed to be WAY more animated than usual.  Was great to see for sure.

Future is bright for CMC.

I have to say though it's rather bewildering how fans trip over their own shoelaces to rationalize why CMC hasn't even cracked a hundred yards rushing yet as an 8th overall pick, but when Cam is clearly rusty and lacking necessary practice reps, there are doomsday posts and threads scattered everywhere about his future with the team. Would be real nice to get some consistency between issues.

1 hour ago, Saca312 said:

Yeah the one thing that ticks me off is how people say Cam should've thrown to Dickson. Clearly a designed play with Dickson as the deep blocker.

People literally set out with the goal of complaining.  Moose, Garcia, Gaither were in quick agree-ance yesterday in that the majority of fan gripes are regarding things they literally have no understanding of.

2 hours ago, Saca312 said:

Yeah the one thing that ticks me off is how people say Cam should've thrown to Dickson. Clearly a designed play with Dickson as the deep blocker.

I was listening to Cosell a week or so ago and the topic of Cam not seeing wide open receivers to start the season was brought up. He was quick to point out it's not nearly that simple without knowing the play design, read progressions, etc. The open person might not be considered an option on the specific play. I found that interesting. 

21 minutes ago, csx said:

People literally set out with the goal of complaining.  Moose, Garcia, Gaither were in quick agree-ance yesterday in that the majority of fan gripes are regarding things they literally have no understanding of.

I think this is more true than anyone would like to admit. Except me. I readily admit I'm a football mouth breather who mostly watches the ball.

2 hours ago, KB_fan said:

It is SO surreal to be reading this!!

"just the Patriots"   WOW!

It's pretty shocking how bad their defense is at the moment.  Surely didn't expect it.  So yeah, to some extent it does devalue our win and means we can't yet have full confidence in our offensive rebound...

But... Brady, Gronk, Amendola and Cooks were all playing.  Belichick was still coaching.  Not too shabby.  And Brady did mount a 14 point comeback in the 4th to tie the game.  Required Cam & co to lead a game-winning drive late in the 4th managing the need to control the clock with the need to get in FG range...

I don't think we'd had a 4th Qtr game winning drive since 2015.

So, let's not be ashamed about this win!  It was well earned, and I hope that, as Ron has expressed, it will become a real catalyst for future success & confidence this season.

A W in Foxboro against Brady & Belichick is ALWAYS a special thing.

Remember when their acquisition of Brandin Cooks was going to make them unbeatable?

And then they got Phillip Dorsett and OMG no one has a chance in hell of beating them!

Now...

Archived