• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers at Patriots - The positive thread...

Jeremy Igo

Panthers have their backs to the wall. 

Unlike last week, Cam Newton is not listed on the injury report. Cannot underscore enough how important that is. 

CMC and Stewart totally healthy against one of the worst run defenses in the league. 

We dodged a bullet with Kelvin Benjamin, he 100% and will start. Devin Funchess has actually looked decent so far this year. 

Shepard was open all day last Sunday, something I am sure was pointed out to Cam in the film room. 

On defense,  Worley is out.. This may end up being a blessing in disguise if Seymour can come in and improve the play on that side of the field. 

Throw in the fact that they met with team ownership this week and appear to feel better about the whole situation and perhaps the Carolina Panthers can come out and play like we know they can. 

Honestly, I will be really optimistic if we can keep it to a one-score game in Foxborough.  I do think we can win this game, and we have the type of team that should (similar to KC).  

But if we can go on the road and show some improvement on Offense and normal defense, then that would make me feel a lot better. 

If the Panthers D can force Brady to make some mistakes, it’ll be a game. On the final drive against the Texans last week, Brady was strip-sacked (recovered by the Pats) and almost threw an INT (dropped by the Texans DB). The Panthers must capitalize on mistakes like that to have any chance at a win. And also not make any mistakes themselves. 

36 minutes ago, bigdog10 said:

We need to play smash mouth turnover free football. Smack them in the mouth on both sides of the ball and try to win this game 20-17. 

And let's see if the defense can actually get a take away this week and set us up with a short field. 

Archived