• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers must not abandon the run on Sunday

Jeremy Igo

4 hours ago, Jeremy Igo said:

The only way the Panthers win on Sunday is by sticking with the run game, even if it doesn't work at first. Wear out the defense, collect dividends later in the game. 

The moment they abandon the run, they concede the game to New England. 

Agree? Disagree? 

Absolutely disagree. The only way the Panthers can compete with New England is to attempt to match firepower with firepower.  The Patriots will go hard 60 minutes and won't punt on our 35 yard line hoping to not give us momentum. Can't wait til we're down 24-6 to open up the offense. 

Compete or be humiliated a second straight Sunday. 

Absolutely, but it's not to run CMC.  I love the kid, and he will eventually beast in the NFL but Look at the list of our injuries (Olsen and Kalil out and Cam and KB banged up), the only known and healthy commodity we have is our proven 1000 yard back.  J-stew has been consistent even with our trash O-line play.  I'll say this, we will win on sunday if he has 20 carries and don't just take him out and only throw, then you become predictable.  Get CMC involved from the slot and keep Stew on the field so the defense doesn't know whether to sell out on the run or if we're gonna pass.  If Shula does those things, we can win sunday, if not, we're in for another sad day.

3 hours ago, sanjay_rajput said:

That's why we have to hit them with PA and actually use WR with speed like Byrd & Shepard

Sanjay...please stop the Byrd talk.  He has never done anything in a real game.  Never.  Shepard ok, but is he your savior here?   And there are no TEs on the street that can replace Olsen.  

23 minutes ago, Shocker said:

Sanjay...please stop the Byrd talk.  He has never done anything in a real game.  Never.  Shepard ok, but is he your savior here?   And there are no TEs on the street that can replace Olsen.  

First. Yes, yes he has.

Second. Why not? That spin move to break away for a TD. Was the most athletic looking play a WR has made around here in a long time.

Third. I don't think there is anyone, @sanjay_rajput included, who truly believes there is a TE out there who can replace Thor.

Lastly. If Cam were not struggling so, the tone up in here would probably lighten up. There is a whole lot of frustration, makes it tough to stay positive.

The only way we win this game is if we get a dose of Cam running. But it would be stupid to risk further aggravating his injury, so that is out of the question. This offense won't get into full gear unless Cam gets his running threat back, because he isn't going to stand back there and pick defenses apart without the threat of his legs. I'm afraid this is going to get ugly quick. Tom Brady is going to dink and dunk us to death worse than Brees, and our offense is going to stall out and we will settle for field goals (something you don't do against the Pats if you expect to win). Wish they would let Cam go no huddle quite a bit in this one and catch the Pats off guard.

20 minutes ago, iamhubby1 said:

First. Yes, yes he has.

Second. Why not? That spin move to break away for a TD. Was the most athletic looking play a WR has made around here in a long time.

Third. I don't think there is anyone, @sanjay_rajput included, who truly believes there is a TE out there who can replace Thor.

Lastly. If Cam were not struggling so, the tone up in here would probably lighten up. There is a whole lot of frustration, makes it tough to stay positive.

First he has what?  I wont pretend to understand 2.  Jeez.. Byrd has 1 catch...ever.  http://www.nfl.com/player/damierebyrd/2553499/profile

4 hours ago, Shocker said:

First he has what?  I wont pretend to understand 2.  Jeez.. Byrd has 1 catch...ever.  http://www.nfl.com/player/damierebyrd/2553499/profile

You stated that Byrd has done nothing in the NFL. Nothing. To which I replied. Why yes, yes he has. Seems pretty straight forward to me. But I guess my definition of nothing, must mean something different than yours.

Although he may have only one Reception. He does have a few punt returns, and a couple really nice KO returns. So, by my math. That is more than nothing. Not by much I grant you. But more than nothing none the less.

Now with that said. Byrd very well could just be a myth. I mean, after all, are we really sure anyone has actually seen him do anything? lol

Archived