• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers must not abandon the run on Sunday

Jeremy Igo

I think not abandoning the run (until you have to) is the mantra for every team in every game. It's the standard approach for most football teams. So I agree, if the Panthers can establish the run they have a very good chance of winning. Cam is practicing more so maybe he will be better as well. I think we have a very good chance of winning this game. Additionally, if we get going, we could win handily.

The opposite could also be true but I think it will be a good game.

I agree that this is the formula for us potentially win, but if the defense doesn't show up Brady is going put up points and dictate what kind of offense we run. I f we can limit the quality of possession, and the number of possessions we can win this game. I believe that we have to get Curtis Samuel involved. We have seen him on the end around, but I'd like to see him and McCaffrey in the backfield at the same time. 

1 hour ago, sanjay_rajput said:

The Panthers running game requires TEs we should be using them not only for blocking but in the receiving game so the defense has to keep guessing if it's run or pass plays.

It was cute for a while, but truly dude, you have become utterly tiresome.

2 hours ago, Jeremy Igo said:

The only way the Panthers win on Sunday is by sticking with the run game, even if it doesn't work at first. Wear out the defense, collect dividends later in the game. 

The moment they abandon the run, they concede the game to New England. 

Agree? Disagree? 

Jeremy I been already this up, you responded with the box is stacked.

One thing I give Shula credit for in 2015 was the misdirection very confusing RB formations we ran in 2015. I have no idea where it went in the SB, and ever since then its like Shula abandoned it. I'm sorry but we have to get back to running Cam or using his legs as a threat. I said years ago, Cam should get 5-6 runs a game and it should be throughout the game and somebody should keep count. We need to play Armah. Can you imagine Cam/Stew/CMC/Armah leading blocker or even running formation in the backfield, what that would do to defenses? My god. See this is why I don't understand Shula. Instead he wants to run the same passing offense as if Cam shoulder isn't coming off surgery, early in the season. That stuff takes timing, practice, rhythm.

41 minutes ago, beastson said:

Jeremy I been already this up, you responded with the box is stacked.

One thing I give Shula credit for in 2015 was the misdirection very confusing RB formations we ran in 2015. I have no idea where it went in the SB, and ever since then its like Shula abandoned it. I'm sorry but we have to get back to running Cam or using his legs as a threat. I said years ago, Cam should get 5-6 runs a game and it should be throughout the game and somebody should keep count. We need to play Armah. Can you imagine Cam/Stew/CMC/Armah leading blocker or even running formation in the backfield, what that would do to defenses? My god. See this is why I don't understand Shula. Instead he wants to run the same passing offense as if Cam shoulder isn't coming off surgery, early in the season. That stuff takes timing, practice, rhythm.

Rivera and Shula have *always* been "the players must adapt to the system" rather than "the system must be adapted to available personnel" coaches.

2 minutes ago, tiger7_88 said:

Rivera and Shula have *always* been "the players must adapt to the system" rather than "the system must be adapted to available personnel" coaches.

I disagree with that.   Ron is a defensive guy and Ron has never been a scheme guy.   He has excelled w/ 4-3, 3-4 and hybrids.  

as far as Shula,  well...he is what he is.  You only have a Shula to let him be Shula. 

Yeah, we can't abandon the running game. But it is our defense that will win or lose this one.

If Brady gets 4 seconds each time he drops back, we're not going to have a chance after the end of the first quarter. His best receivers aren't available right now, so man coverage and blitz someone in each down, two men if we can spare them.

You can't beat them by being them. Totally be yourself. Run Cam, Run CMC, Run Stew, Run Fozzy, Run Samuel. This team MUST run or it won't work.

Let those big boys up front get some. Those guys would rather push than protect all day.

Run based offense. Let Cam beat em deep. I'd make CMC play WR, I'd let Armah get some and RUN! Shula can't complain about weapons but we all have serious complaints with how he fails to play to strength. Deception is just what it is, fake. Pounding is real.

Archived