• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers must not abandon the run on Sunday

Jeremy Igo

I agree and I disagree.

I agree because any kind of gameplan outside of Shula's comfort zone is sure to be a disaster.

I disagree in that I seriously doubt we outscore NE by pounding the ball and running up that valuable TOP instead of points.

If it was me, at this point, I'd go hurry-up no huddle the whole damn game.  What the hell, couldn't be any worse than what we've been doing.  (P.S. And, no, I don't think there's a chance in hell of Ron or Mike even considering such a thing.)

First series the first play will be a go route to Benjamin, results imcomplete, overythrown by 5 yrds.  Second play will be CMC up the gut for no gain.  Third play is a Stewart run to the outside, tackled for a 2 yard loss.  Punt.  Rinse and repeat. Ron will stand on the sideline with a blank stare on his face while Shula sits in the booth picking his nose trying to figure why the guys just can't execute his plays.

The defense will have to get after Brady all game. Even if we have to do a lot of blitzing. They cannot let me stand in a clean pocket like they did Breez or this game will be over by end of the 1st quarter. They will need to hit Brady as often as possible to push him out of his comfort zone. If the defense can do this then sticking with the running game will be possible.

7 minutes ago, Farachlombardi said:

It's going to be hard to consider that when we are running all over them killing clock all game that's the way we will win time mangement 

Winning with the run game, thereby eating up the clock, is something that we have a history of success with. However, when it comes to time management, who the hell have you been watching, 'cause it sure ain't us. Besides that, we eat more clock via Shula trying to get plays in than we do with ball control.

1 minute ago, Farachlombardi said:

We are very good just got to look at the big picture of it all and not just the delay of games 

In it's current state, very good and our offense cannot be used in the same sentence unless you put an isn't in front of very good. Blind homerism is counterproductive in the same way our FO and coaching staff's resistance to change is. Watch Belichick's presser.  He's very complementary of Cam, Luke and core, and even Shula. He's acutely aware of our strengths, but as expected, makes no mention of our flaws. However, he sure does harp on his own, and astutely states when questioned that the first task is to recognize that you have a problem. Then, step by step, address and attack the biggest issues first, fixing 17, 18, however many things there are, until you're done. That doesn't happen in this organization. THAT is looking at the big picture, and every brush stroke in it.

Archived