• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Next level offensive coordination....

Jeremy Igo

Wow. Why can't we at least be open minded enough to try and do that sort of thing? I know we have one player capable of thinking at that level, and my bet is that he could do it on both sides of the ball. Give him a day off to study film and meet with each coordinator for an hour and a half or so instead of early week practice. Ten to twelve game specific plays on offense and defense. All but guaranteed net plus seven points per week.

1 minute ago, NeedSumD said:

Just curious how exactly did they hear the conversation by defensive players.  On the opposing teams did they have the conversation standing directly in front of the NE bench.

I don't know know if they actually heard it or could just infer it from the DBs actions after the play. 

2 hours ago, hepcat said:

I’ve always felt like the Panthers seem to be one of the dumbest teams in the league on offense. Back in the Delhomme days the strategy was run the ball and “feed the stud” aka Steve Smith. Then the offense became run-option with Cam, which is a college level offense. With that model, if the Panthers defense is anything less than top 5, they struggle. Case and point, every season they’ve missed the playoffs.

Honestly that falls more on JR, he picks the same type of coaches to run this team. There was never a big difference between rivera and fox. 

Couldn't figure out how to embed the tweet but here is the text from the same segment but with Shula explaining some of our in-game adjustments:

Mike Shula: "Well what you can kind of see here on this first one is that we tried to run it straight up the gut on first down with Christian.  When that didn't work, we decided that we needed a little more power so we put Stewart in. With all that power, in Stewart, we decided to surprise them and run it wide to the edge, which he didn't get and we actually lost some yards. Fast forward through this delay of game penalty; I forgot that I had to call a play on that one - My bad! Doh!..... Okay, here is where it gets good. We send everyone on 40 yard routes. It didn't quite work out the way I drew it up and Cam ends up getting sandwiched between two defenders but Man! can you imagine how nice that would have looked if it worked? It would have been real nice..... anyway that's really it..and you can probably  just kind of reuse this explanation for the rest of our drives because that's all I really had drawn up for the game. 

Archived