• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Could Seymour win the starting job this weekend?

Jeremy Igo

55 minutes ago, brandon_87 said:

Sometimes I wonder if I'm watching the same games as the people on this huddle... you're confusing camp with real game time. Dude... Worley is garbage, I wasn't a Norman fan, but don't say his game is anything like Gamble's. Worley couldn't Crack the 53 on any other team but this one,  but yet, here he is, in all his glory 

I'm sorry, but dude? Really? Have you watched any other games? Worley would defiantly play on a lot of teams. Just because he isn't All Pro, does not mean he is trash. 

Bradberry has a few bad plays, and you hear zilch. Worley has a few bad plays, and it's bring out your dead. lol

Worley still largely looks like the Worley of late last year. Not all that great, but not absolutely awful. The more concerning thing for me is that Bradberry is looking about like Worley. I was hoping for Bradberry to establish himself as an elite CB this year and for Worley to take a step forward and show himself to be a legit starter. Neither has happened. Worley looks about the same as last year and Bradberry looks worse than last year.

42 minutes ago, uncfan888 said:

One has been here longer. That's the difference

Yeah, we are not talking tenured vets here. But, Worley has at least spent his "Entire" career here. But man, I have seen it. A guy comes in and immediately it clicks. Now, I am not saying this will be the case. But you should never yada, yada, yada,

I mean, c'mon. Worley is everything you want your young corner to be. Is it that bad that he isn't a super star yet? Some guys get it right away. Some guys take a little longer. And some guys never get it. IMO  Worley is already chasing "I got this" territory.

If Seymour can match, or exceed Worley? We are a better team. And I will shout it from the mountain tops. But maybe, all we get out of Seymour is a solid #3. And should that happen? I will so the same. Just maybe at a lower volume. 

3 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Worley still largely looks like the Worley of late last year. Not all that great, but not absolutely awful. The more concerning thing for me is that Bradberry is looking about like Worley. I was hoping for Bradberry to establish himself as an elite CB this year and for Worley to take a step forward and show himself to be a legit starter. Neither has happened. Worley looks about the same as last year and Bradberry looks worse than last year.

Short answer; Scheme change. Even if it is just a minor adjustment. That involves an adjustment period. Now whether I am right or not? IMO, we are trying to confuse, and attack. Rather than just attack. 

What I mean is; whether it is personell, or whatever, Wilks seems adverse to just letting things go. Play man, rush the passer, and see what happens. Instead of this match up zone crap. 

Where is that aggressive Defense we were promised? Where is that "Evolved" Offense we were promised? Um...

IMO, there are at least 6 playoff hopeful teams that would take our starting CBs, and not bat an eye. 

I am just amazed how long it took for people to realize the mistake made in drafting these 2 so high.

Badberry needed at least 3 season before sniffing a starting spot, and Whiffley is not good enough to ever start in the NFL. Whiffley is a nickel CB at best, and still needs work for that spot. The drafting of Bustler, Badberry, Whiffley, and Sadchez while trading away draft picks to get some of them will go down as the worst draft in Panthers history.

Panthers defense is strong, but those CBs will be the death of the best front 7 in football. They have to make a play on the ball to scare teams away from the sidelines and force them to challenge the front 7 - by play, I mean INT or FF.

I am prepared to see Gronk trying to be matched up on the outside against both CBs all day long, and if TD or Luke are pulled out to cover them, then they run directly off tackle away from Luke or TD and at Badberry or Whiffley.

That is what I expect. They better make a play to scare the opposing offense. Have them watch tape on Josh Norman to see how to scare an offense.

35 minutes ago, CPantherKing said:

I am just amazed how long it took for people to realize the mistake made in drafting these 2 so high.

Badberry needed at least 3 season before sniffing a starting spot, and Whiffley is not good enough to ever start in the NFL. Whiffley is a nickel CB at best, and still needs work for that spot. The drafting of Bustler, Badberry, Whiffley, and Sadchez while trading away draft picks to get some of them will go down as the worst draft in Panthers history.

Panthers defense is strong, but those CBs will be the death of the best front 7 in football. They have to make a play on the ball to scare teams away from the sidelines and force them to challenge the front 7 - by play, I mean INT or FF.

I am prepared to see Gronk trying to be matched up on the outside against both CBs all day long, and if TD or Luke are pulled out to cover them, then they run directly off tackle away from Luke or TD and at Badberry or Whiffley.

That is what I expect. They better make a play to scare the opposing offense. Have them watch tape on Josh Norman to see how to scare an offense.

your nicknames are so cool, CPantherDoofus (look, i can do it too)

I don't think you demote Worley. I think he's holding his own and perhaps improving a bit each week. He sure was in on a lot of the rushing defense tackles... a CB who isn't committed won't do that.

Give him time, he'll be good to excellent.

And he and Bradberry are both facing the sophomore slump... in their case it is now a time when opposing coaches have enough tape on them to learn their tendencies in coverage. The good ones up their game in the third year ... I think both will shine in time.

14 hours ago, Peppers90 NC said:

Not with RRvat the helm. Will take us to be at 2-6 before a move like that were to happen.

Sadly that is true, Worley was solid the first two games, but Brees picked on him all day last week. In all honesty we don't know if Seymour is any better but he's got better wheels. 

2 hours ago, Khyber53 said:

I don't think you demote Worley. I think he's holding his own and perhaps improving a bit each week. He sure was in on a lot of the rushing defense tackles... a CB who isn't committed won't do that.

Give him time, he'll be good to excellent.

And he and Bradberry are both facing the sophomore slump... in their case it is now a time when opposing coaches have enough tape on them to learn their tendencies in coverage. The good ones up their game in the third year ... I think both will shine in time.

That's been the Panthers' mentality seemingly forever. Don't worry guys, we'll get 'em next year!

Archived