• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Video: Cam Newton on meeting with JR

Jeremy Igo

1 minute ago, tgrfan01 said:

lets be real though..is going to the locker room or taking a knee doing anything really? its more show boating than anything more of a " look at me see im for a cause" thing than anything else...i have no problem if they want to set up some foundation or something to raise awareness go for it..heck put stickers on their helmets..but the kneeling and what not is just so pointless and stupid

It is because you are discussing it. It's all about awareness and bringing it to the attention of the masses. 

when you piss of over half of the consumer base it does nothing..cam should be focusing on his arse play so far this season..he wants to whine about oppression but he lives in a nation where he can steal laptops and then transfer to another college..then get drafted in the first round and go on to make millions..so much for that oppression.

1 minute ago, tgrfan01 said:

when you piss of over half of the consumer base it does nothing..cam should be focusing on his arse play so far this season..he wants to whine about oppression but he lives in a nation where he can steal laptops and then transfer to another college..then get drafted in the first round and go on to make millions..so much for that oppression.

And your true color comes out. 

4 minutes ago, tgrfan01 said:

lets be real though..is going to the locker room or taking a knee doing anything really? its more show boating than anything more of a " look at me see im for a cause" thing than anything else...i have no problem if they want to set up some foundation or something to raise awareness go for it..heck put stickers on their helmets..but the kneeling and what not is just so pointless and stupid

There would be no conversation if they did those things. 

It is okay that this is uncomfortable. 

2 hours ago, sanjay_rajput said:

Such weak fans, nothing is over yet guys we are 2-1 and have plenty of games to showcase what this team is really  all about.

Panthers will be 13-3 minimum.

Yeah, I mean this early adversity could bring the team together - you never know but it's too early to throw in the towel. 

1 minute ago, PantherCam213 said:

It's brought attention to the protest.  My fear is that awareness of the cause has been lost.

Unfortunately, this looks to be the case. It went from being basically just a small protest, against social injustice. To this. The original cause has been overtaken by folks who probably don't even know how/why this all got started in the first place.

Thanks to Trump, it has become all about the flag. So yeah, this sideshow has forced the original cause to take a back seat.

2 minutes ago, iamhubby1 said:

Unfortunately, this looks to be the case. It went from being basically just a small protest, against social injustice. To this. The original cause has been overtaken by folks who probably don't even know how/why this all got started in the first place.

Thanks to Trump, it has become all about the flag. So yeah, this sideshow has forced the original cause to take a back seat.

Totally agree, let it run its course and maybe so good will come of it, time to get back to football.

Archived