• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Munnerlyn explains why he did not play much...

Jeremy Igo

On ‎9‎/‎27‎/‎2017 at 2:10 PM, PanMan46 said:

I normally don't post just a lurker who enjoys the insights of some and the antics of others however I felt the need to ask if it was just me or did it seem as if Davis was also out of position and a step behind most of the game. Scheme or game plan aside it seems as if this coaching staff resembles previous ones as to playing a vet more than really should. I love TD and all that he has meant to the Panthers but homer glasses off he has lost a step and it is showing up more and more. 

You are on the wrong board if you want to hear how Thomas Davis is a determent to our line backing corps due his inability to run with younger players, given his age and injury history. 

Not that it matters anyway.  Now that Richardson has intervened by firing Gettleman and rehiring  Hurney the Fool,  Davis has another 3 years to play as he is capable - probably as a starter if Rivera remains here.

I am extremely fed up with this team - more so than any time in its existence  - been a fan since the beginning.

On 9/27/2017 at 1:40 PM, LinvilleGorge said:

You're playing Brees and the Saints and your primary concern is stopping the run... and you still get absolutely ran over. Yikes.

Seriously, this. What an absolute joke. "Let's go ahead and change our defensive scheme to try and stop the run against a primarily passing team with Drew Brees at the helm, I think that will work." Did Mike Shula start calling plays for the D, too? Jesus.

On 9/27/2017 at 2:25 PM, Jeremy Igo said:

From Joe P. 

So Panthers go with Shaq, thinking that would help stop the run. Result was getting gashed in the air and on the ground. 

Weird. 

Soooo...the coaching staff get shade because they never (Supposedly) make adjustments. They make an adjustment. However, because the front four had a bad game, and the adjustment gets glossed over?

Everything was screwed up because the ain't Oline spent way to much time at our second level. They were disruptive, and it showed. Especially in the run game. If the front four keeps those guys off our LBs, who knows how this adjustment works?

Archived