• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Munnerlyn explains why he did not play much...

Jeremy Igo

7 minutes ago, Saca312 said:

"BUT SHAQ SUCKS GUYS HE REALLY SUCKS"

Shaq is definitely quick and athletic af, but he seems to have a good play here and there and then disappears for a while.  I guess I just need to see more consistency in his game.  That's the main thing more than anything else.................as RR would fuggin' say

55 minutes ago, Jeremy Igo said:

I agree. He just has not looked very good. 

Pretty disappointing. He seemed poised for a huge breakout year under Wilks and with more playing time, but it seems like he's regressed. I predicted before the season he could be a sleeper DPOY candidate. Not even close...

But what about the elusive, mythical "Buffalo Nickel"?  Weren't we convinced it was a good pick bc he would never have to come off the field to match subs?  Lol.  Sorry, Shaq just isn't very good so far.  Maybe it's how he is being used, but I doubt it.  Another luxury pick gone awry.

7 minutes ago, thomas96 said:

Pretty disappointing. He seemed poised for a huge breakout year under Wilks and with more playing time, but it seems like he's regressed. I predicted before the season he could be a sleeper DPOY candidate. Not even close...

You'll be on his jock the next win & proclaiming once again for DPOY ....  It's one game where the defense underperfromed , the Saints game is not a precedent for rest of the season but I realize you are weak minded who will sway with rocking boat...

Just now, Proudiddy said:

But what about the elusive, mythical "Buffalo Nickel"?  Weren't we convinced it was a good pick bc he would never have to come off the field to match subs?  Lol.  Sorry, Shaw just isn't very good so far.  Maybe it's how he is being used, but I doubt it.  Another luxury pick gone awry.

Oh no buffalo nickel with Shaq should never be used again. 

He's a linebacker. He's not good in nickel.

Shaq and TD should be interchangeable. I don't like that they are required to rush and switch sides whenever the slot guy/TE goes in motion. Man coverage yes, but not while playing zone. There should be no strong/weak side with these guys. I notice the Saints would continuously do this, and it would cause TD, Shaq, and even Luke at times, to never be properly set. 

I remember twice the saints had 3rd and 7 and 3rd and 8 on one TD drive and both times, Munnerlyn got beat, I think on the drive to make it 17-6.  We get off the field either of those times in a one possession game...who knows.  Nothing against either of them, they're both good players.  I don't care who you play, you have to stop the run.  We, as a collective defensive unit, didn't stop the Saints from doing anything.  And our offense certainly didn't give the defense enough time for rest and regrouping.

In theory this made sense in retrospect. They only passed for 213 yards but nearly 150 on the ground as the entire run D looked like poo. It needed all the help it could get. If they could have executed that strategy it would have likely been a much different game. Their run is what killed us.

Archived