• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

One Last Play Discussion - Cam Newton Sack

Jeremy Igo

Yeah this was not Kalil’s fault at all. Cam sometimes has the bad habit of going backwards when feeling pressure, as opposed to stepping up in the pocket or rolling out. Speaking of rolling out, that’s almost something we never see Cam do anymore. Dak won the game last night for the Cowboys by rolling out and finding his guys. Aaron Rodgers will make it to Canton largely from hitting guys while rolling out of the pocket. 

Awful tape from Sunday all around.

Just now, Jeremy Igo said:

Yep

If we aren't going to let him run, and if the OL keeps struggling on top of his struggles with his throwing shoulder, I'm gonna have to change my stance and say just sit him.

If we can't let Cam be Cam, then there's no point.

1 minute ago, Cary Kollins said:

Yeah this was not Kalil’s fault at all. Cam sometimes has the bad habit of going backwards when feeling pressure, as opposed to stepping up in the pocket or rolling out. Speaking of rolling out, that’s almost something we never see Cam do anymore. Dak won the game last night for the Cowboys by rolling out and finding his guys. Aaron Rodgers will make it to Canton largely from hitting guys while rolling out of the pocket. 

Awful tape from Sunday all around.

Can’t rollout when the pocket collapses on you

9 minutes ago, TheRed said:

If we aren't going to let him run, and if the OL keeps struggling on top of his struggles with his throwing shoulder, I'm gonna have to change my stance and say just sit him.

If we can't let Cam be Cam, then there's no point.

Yeah it’s hard to watch. In past years Cam steps right through the middle defenders and has a huge gain. That’s what makes him so special. The Panthers really are ruining the best QB they’ve ever had.

Archived