• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Play Discussion: 3rd and 6 ...

Jeremy Igo

51 minutes ago, Inimicus said:

Right on.

The blocking assignments along with the coverage assignment damn this play before the snap.  Look at how the MLB is pulled into the heart of the play..  Its not that he "knows" where its going as much as its his job to take the inner most receiver who breaks out to block and so he is standing in the gap when the ball is thrown.

A simple pre-snap motion would have exposed their assignments and could have created the mismatch that would have at least given this a chance.

Yep, maybe Cam didn't have time to motion.  Igo talks a lot about Cam getting the plays in super late.  Could be.  We are def not in sync, obviously.

41 minutes ago, EightyNine said:

It looks like Cam gets it to him pretty quickly..  Does Samuel need to do a better job at selling his route up field before he comes back for the screen?  When Samuel immediately turns inside for the screen, it looks like that is what pulls the defense down so quickly.

I knew the play as soon as they lined up.  If my untrained eye can see it coming I'm sure the experts saw it too.  It didn't matter what Samuel did at that point, everyone knew it was a wr screen.

This is such a sad thread and we see it over and over again from Shula,  vertical, not horizontal . That concept for Shula just seems hard to grasp 

running the freaking smoke route  running the wildcat  

I wonder what is really going on with Newton.

Why are we not running the hurry up. Can he  not throw down field. Can he not run?

he seems to just not give a damn.  I see no passion. No interaction.  That's what it felt like at the staduim to be very honest 

This is why I argue for receivers who can run the complete route tree.  I don't want to see a screen on a 3rd and long.  That is a give up play and it tells me one or two things about this team.  One, they believe our speed guys are gimmicks who can only do trick plays.  Two, our speed guys are gimmicks who can only do trick plays.  So in other words, the problem is either the coaches or the players.  I think it's the coaches who are afraid to let the rookie run a deep route or the inexperienced Byrd to run a deep route.  They need to go ahead and let it rip.

51 minutes ago, Matthias said:

This is why I argue for receivers who can run the complete route tree.  I don't want to see a screen on a 3rd and long.  That is a give up play and it tells me one or two things about this team.  One, they believe our speed guys are gimmicks who can only do trick plays.  Two, our speed guys are gimmicks who can only do trick plays.  So in other words, the problem is either the coaches or the players.  I think it's the coaches who are afraid to let the rookie run a deep route or the inexperienced Byrd to run a deep route.  They need to go ahead and let it rip.

Ron has no confidence in the offense. I can't get over not stopping the clock at the end of the first half when the Saints had the ball 1st and goal on the 3 and we let them run 2 minutes off the clock to only call one of our three timeouts to try to ice the kicker on a 25 yard FG attempt.

Archived