• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Shaq Thompson

Jeremy Igo

1 minute ago, uncfan888 said:

I didnt get that either. Igo just posted the snap counts and Captain was only in for 11 plays.. seems so strange

Captain was getting getting his ass handed to him when he was in so they tried to stop the bleeding.  Too bad Cam kept ripping the bandage off.

21 minutes ago, Jeremy Igo said:

So far not great. 

Anyone else notice how much he was out of position yesterday? Big reason the Saints were able to run so well. He took himself out of entire plays with over pursuit. 

Same with Luke ,TD & rest of the defense that was fuging terrible game by them.

18 minutes ago, hepcat said:

Not sure what Wilks expected by making linebackers cover slot receivers. Michael Thomas had a field day. 

16 minutes ago, uncfan888 said:

I didnt get that either. Igo just posted the snap counts and Captain was only in for 11 plays.. seems so strange

Makes zero sense. If there's any team you don't use 3 LBers against it's the Aints. Shaq should've played more against the Bills and Niners and less yesterday. Instead we did the complete opposite.

You do realize we played the same exact defense we played against the Titans that got us gashed. Base 4-3. 

Against a spread team.

Wilks does deserve a lot of blame. Got to remember he's a rookie DC, and us not sending in many nickel packages to counter was criminal. 

I expect Wilks to learn, but his personnel groups were not the best.

5 minutes ago, Saca312 said:

You do realize we played the same exact defense we played against the Titans that got us gashed. Base 4-3. 

Against a spread team.

Wilks does deserve a lot of blame. Got to remember he's a rookie DC, and us not sending in many nickel packages to counter was criminal. 

It wasn't the personnel more so tha players not being attentive & missing simple assignments or tackles 

5 minutes ago, Saca312 said:

Against a spread team.

^^^This, so much this.  Rookie DC got schooled by a veteran OC while a veteran DC stood by stoically and watched.

Just now, sanjay_rajput said:

It wasn't the personnel more so tha players not being attentive & missing simple assignments or tackles 

Base 4-3 against a passing offense like the Saints pretty much hurt our linebackers. They easily put in guys like Kamara and Michael Thomas against a linebacker out there instead of having 5-2 or some help with guys with the speed to catch up.

25 minutes ago, Saca312 said:

Base 4-3 against a passing offense like the Saints pretty much hurt our linebackers. They easily put in guys like Kamara and Michael Thomas against a linebacker out there instead of having 5-2 or some help with guys with the speed to catch up.

No it was more of playing zone instead of man. We should let LBs & CBs play man and leave the Safetys in zone for the deep threat.

Archived