• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cam Newton INT number 3 ( or Russell Shepard has disappeared part 2 )

Jeremy Igo

1 minute ago, mjligon said:

Cam's play causes absolutely no adversity in my day-to-day life.

Just saying.

Nobody likes watching their team lose. Especially that way to a rival, and at home no less.

But making declarations about the future of your QB after only 3 games is rather absurd.

6 minutes ago, mjligon said:

Ok how about this- 

under the current staff, 2015 was Cam's ceiling?

Anything is possible. But I'm not making any assumptions until the season has concluded.

It's why even though as frustrated as I've been I haven't called for Rivera to be canned.

One thing I know from watching the Panthers, you never really get what you expect. These threads could be an interesting read in January depending on how the rest of the season unfolds.

Just now, TheRed said:

Anything is possible. But I'm not making any assumptions until the season has concluded.

It's why even though as frustrated as I've been I haven't called for Rivera to be canned.

One thing I know from watching the Panthers, you never get what you expect. These threads could be an interesting read in January depending on how the rest of the season unfolds.

touché.

we will see what happens...either way we will both still be here pulling for the same team.

54 minutes ago, TheRed said:

If you want an honest discussion about what ails this offense you can't sidestep one issue over another.

We know Cam isn't playing as well as he could be or should be. But we're also a running team. That is our identity first and foremost.

Cam is the easiest target because he's the QB and he generates lengthy discussion because he's so polarizing for a host of reasons, some reasonable, some not so reasonable.

But when your 8th overall pick hasn't even cracked 75 yards rushing through 3 games, you cannot just gloss over that.

Thing is, we really are not a good running team. In the past a lot of are running yards came from Cam's uncanny running ability. That artificially inflated our rushing totals. If you take away Cam's rushing yards for the past several years, we an average rushing team at best.

Cam seems to have lost a step and isn't as elusive as he used to be. This is probably due to all of the hits he's absorbed and the fact that he is getting older. Now that he's cut back on his running our deficiencies in the running game as a whole are becoming more apparent.

We need to upgrade the O-Line to get better run blocking or change our identity. Since the NFL has become a passing league, I suggest the latter. That will make us more compatible on the scoreboard and should preserve Cam's health in the long run. He's going to have to play better from the pocket and the FO has got to do a better job protecting him.

1 hour ago, TheRed said:

Will there be any threads covering the potential game changing interceptions two of our top defenders whiffed on?

There was definite out of character negative plays by several prominent Panthers yesterday. It was a group loss.

Start the thread then.  Or is that not really your thing and you just want to come in and derail someone else's every chance you get?

I think Cam is to blame for alot of these problems. And Shula and Rivera. However as fans guys it's out of our hands. We can be in Cams corner all we want. But at the end of the day if Cam is as good as we think he is and can be. Then he will turn the corner. Same goes for coach Ron and KB and Funchess. Shula will adapt or be canned. 

This was the ugliest game we've seen in a long time. But hey we are still 2-1. 

15 minutes ago, bigdog10 said:

Start the thread then.  Or is that not really your thing and you just want to come in and derail someone else's every chance you get?

Very few threads on the huddle make it without getting derailed in some way at one point or another.

You're actually derailing yourself right now.

27 minutes ago, SCO96 said:

Thing is, we really are not a good running team. In the past a lot of are running yards came from Cam's uncanny running ability. That artificially inflated our rushing totals. If you take away Cam's rushing yards for the past several years, we an average rushing team at best.

Cam seems to have lost a step and isn't as elusive as he used to be. This is probably due to all of the hits he's absorbed and the fact that he is getting older. Now that he's cut back on his running our deficiencies in the running game as a whole are becoming more apparent.

We need to upgrade the O-Line to get better run blocking or change our identity. Since the NFL has become a passing league, I suggest the latter. That will make us more compatible on the scoreboard and should preserve Cam's health in the long run. He's going to have to play better from the pocket and the FO has got to do a better job protecting him.

You are correct.

I think we've had a RB reach 1,000 yards rushing once since 2011. Which was Stewart of course.

This certainly has some to do with Cam rushing, but there is also some of that which can be attributed to the inconsistent play of our OL.

I think the lackluster performance of our OL over the years and the hits Newton has taken within the pocket has had as much or more negative impact on Newton's health than hits from him running.

I saw a stat (possibly here or on another panther site) that said Cam has absorbed about 400 more hits during his time in the league than any other QB. The next closest one was Big Ben up in Pittsburgh. That's a ridiculous number of shots for a franchise QB to take in this day and age.

The offense needs to evolve, but I don't think the current coaching staff is capable of doing that.

Archived