• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cam Newton INT number 3 ( or Russell Shepard has disappeared part 2 )

Jeremy Igo

Shephard open on the cross and someone had 3 steps on the corner route same side of field.

I cant think of a single season when the oline helped our run game out of the gate, for whatever reason it takes them 4-6 weeks before getting the run game really going. This year is no exception. That does not help the pass game either and no one is respecting the deep ball because we havent shown that we have one right now.

It was just one game, a lot of teams lost to lesser talented teams, but in our case, the writing has been on the wall since week 1. Some of us just believed our defense is that good, and maybe they are but we just didnt come to play yesterday and thats on Ron 100%, I keep referencing the last two minutes of the first half when we had all 3 time outs remaining and we just sat there and let them get their FG as time slowly expired.

IF, if we are going to continue to just lose games anyway, I am not against letting Cam sit a couple weeks, digest the game from the sideline, give his shoulder a good rest rather than possibly destroy the rest of career. I am already afraid Denver may have done that to him and letting him play with a bum shoulder is not helping.

2 minutes ago, top dawg said:

Many people have been sidestepping the fact that Cam is killing drives basically by himself. I was never totally on board with Delhomme (tbth), but Cam's play since the Super Bowl makes me wish we had someone that could play with Jake's competency. 

I just don't get it. We've all been waiting for Cam to turn the corner and be all that he can be, but perhaps this is the best that we can hope for.

Man, other fans have said it, I chose to ignore it, but that loss when Cam's confidence was soooooo high came crashing down. I hope he can recover but it hasnt happened yet. Thats the problem with guys who get to high and/too low emotionally, and 2015 was a 19 week emotional high.

7 minutes ago, top dawg said:

Many people have been sidestepping the fact that Cam is killing drives basically by himself. I was never totally on board with Delhomme (tbth), but Cam's play since the Super Bowl makes me wish we had someone that could play with Jake's competency. 

I just don't get it. We've all been waiting for Cam to turn the corner and be all that he can be, but perhaps this is the best that we can hope for.

Looking more and more likely that 2015 was his ceiling.

19 minutes ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Who is side stepping? Defenses are stacking 8 or 9 in the box and daring the Panthers to throw. They are taking away the run game and conceding pass plays. If the Panthers can't take advantage, why would they ever stop? 

Well that's when playcalling and making adjustments enters the picture.

Of course you need a quality OC for that.

23 minutes ago, Peppers90 NC said:

Man, other fans have said it, I chose to ignore it, but that loss when Cam's confidence was soooooo high came crashing down. I hope he can recover but it hasnt happened yet. Thats the problem with guys who get to high and/too low emotionally, and 2015 was a 19 week emotional high.

I poo poo it, but it might be that next game that really did Cam in. The O-line should have started a brawl the first time that he was hit.

In retrospect, it was ridiculous. The NFL let it happen and J-Rich didn't say a word. He let Ron be decidedly mealymouthed about it---the company line.

1 minute ago, top dawg said:

I poo poo it, but it might be that next game that really did Cam in. The O-line should have started a brawl the first time that he was hit.

In retrospect, it was ridiculous. The NFL let it happen and J-Rich didn't say a word. He let Ron be decided mealymouthed about it---the company line.

Yea I was in disbelief that was allowed to happen. I cant think of ever feeling like that after a game before. And not have support from the organization shows their lack of a commitment to winning and a real "family" atmosphere which is total BS.

1 hour ago, TheRed said:

Will there be any threads covering the potential game changing interceptions two of our top defenders whiffed on?

There was definite out of character negative plays by several prominent Panthers yesterday. It was a group loss.

Kuechly drops an easy pick six and misses a few tackles he usually makes. Davis was out of position on key plays. Worley is the weakest link and continues to give up big plays. Can't remember a single holding call against the saints oline when they were clear as day. Oline blocks for 1.5 seconds. Olsen and KB are out of the game. CMC tips a pass that wasn't  meant for him and it turns into an INT. Rivera decides to give the team the ball instead going for points or a 1st down. And Shula. But let's talk Cam. That's where all the clicks are. 

Just now, dldove77 said:

In Cam's defense to anyone wondering if 2015 was his ceiling... he was MVP that year. Very likely it would have been anyone's ceiling. 

I'm just worried that we have not yet seen his floor.

I don't know...part of me believed (believes?) he could get better and improve on that season.

Archived